    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/13/2007 7:37:01 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2007

  2. Old Gringo

    hunglo Guest

    shame you don't need fertilizer -- there's enough on this board.......

    hunglo, Aug 13, 2007

  3. Old Gringo

    james Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    > with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    > the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    > recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    > granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    > recommendations.
    > PS: Nothing available locally so I will need to special order.
    > --
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    > 8/13/2007 7:37:01 AM CST

    Get a hose end sprayer ,
    mix a little mouthwash , a can of beer , and a little ammonia together and
    spray the lawn
    I did it , worked fine.
    I forget the mixture percentages , so maybe you can GOOGLE for more info .
    It is not necessary to spend a lot on cash to fix this problem
    Jim
    james, Aug 13, 2007
  4. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:15:29 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, james Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    >> with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    >> the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    >> recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    >> granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    >> recommendations.
    >> PS: Nothing available locally so I will need to special order.
    >> --
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    >> 8/13/2007 7:37:01 AM CST

    > Get a hose end sprayer ,
    > mix a little mouthwash , a can of beer , and a little ammonia together and
    > spray the lawn
    > I did it , worked fine.
    > I forget the mixture percentages , so maybe you can GOOGLE for more info .
    > It is not necessary to spend a lot on cash to fix this problem
    > Jim

    At this stage of the game I am ready to try anything. Hose end
    sprayers have a dilution setting for how many ounces per gallon of
    water, that would be nice to know. Also, ammonia will kill just
    about anything including the grass. I am looking at a large bottle
    of mouth wash, 1 can of beer, and a tablespoon of ammonia. Then set
    the sprayer at 3 oz. per gallon. ?? Then there is always the option
    of planting weeds, as fungus usually does not form on weeds. <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/13/2007 10:26:46 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2007
  5. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:31:02 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, hunglo Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > shame you don't need fertilizer -- there's enough on this board.......
    >
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    >> with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    >> the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    >> recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    >> granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    >> recommendations.
    >> PS: Nothing available locally so I will need to special order.
    >> --
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    >> 8/13/2007 7:37:01 AM CST

    Putting it nicely, steer manure. <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/13/2007 11:23:52 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2007
  6. hunglo wrote:

    > shame you don't need fertilizer -- there's enough on this
    > board.......

    This is not a "board".

    --
    Blinky
    Killfiling all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 13, 2007
  7. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > hunglo wrote:
    >
    >> shame you don't need fertilizer -- there's enough on this
    >> board.......

    > This is not a "board".

    Hand me a 2x4 about 6 inches wide.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 13, 2007
  8. Old Gringo

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    > with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    > the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    > recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    > granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    > recommendations.
    > PS: Nothing available locally so I will need to special order.

    Fungus on the grass blades IS a concern, but generally, you shouldn't
    worry about mushrooms and toadstools in the lawn. (Citing our
    newspaper's resident horticulturist, here) Let the fungi do their thing.
    If it's ugly, pull them up manually.

    Chemicals likely won't cure the problem once it has appeared and may
    trap you into a vicious cycle of using chemicals to treat conditions the
    chemicals help cause. Once the wet spell that caused the bloom ends,
    you'll think the chemicals did the trick.

    The reason the fungi appear is because there's food in the lawn for
    them, which they will break down and destroy. Once their food source
    disappears, so will they. The heavy rains probably started breaking down
    the lawn thatch, clippings and whatever, creating moist conditions for
    'shrooms at the same time.

    Generally, they don't bother the lawn, but can possibly poison pets and
    children that might eat them, same as if they found them in the woods.

    HTH, Old Gringo
    JPM
    DemoDisk, Aug 13, 2007
  9. Rôgêr wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> hunglo wrote:
    >>
    >>> shame you don't need fertilizer -- there's enough on this
    >>> board.......

    >> This is not a "board".

    > Hand me a 2x4 about 6 inches wide.

    If you promise to make a clue stick out of it by using it on the
    "board guy".

    --
    Blinky
    Killfiling all posts from Google Groups.
    Except with Thunderbird, which can't filter that well.
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 13, 2007
  10. Old Gringo

    Clogwog Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> schreef in bericht
    > With an unusual amount of rain fall this year,

    Oh, yes unusual amounts of rain here in Holland as well!
    http://www.tuin-wiki.nl/upload/Main/TuinierenEnComputers.jpg

    > my lawn is plagued
    > with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    > the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    > recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    > granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    > recommendations.

    I use Roundup!
    http://www.scotsdalegardencentre.co.uk/upload/roundup_95xn.jpg
    http://www.scotsdalegardencentre.co.uk/homepage.php

    Clogwog, Aug 13, 2007
  11. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:16:15 -0500, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, DemoDisk Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    >> with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    >> the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    >> recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    >> granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    >> recommendations.
    >> PS: Nothing available locally so I will need to special order.

    > Fungus on the grass blades IS a concern, but generally, you shouldn't
    > worry about mushrooms and toadstools in the lawn. (Citing our
    > newspaper's resident horticulturist, here) Let the fungi do their thing.
    > If it's ugly, pull them up manually.
    >
    > Chemicals likely won't cure the problem once it has appeared and may
    > trap you into a vicious cycle of using chemicals to treat conditions the
    > chemicals help cause. Once the wet spell that caused the bloom ends,
    > you'll think the chemicals did the trick.
    >
    > The reason the fungi appear is because there's food in the lawn for
    > them, which they will break down and destroy. Once their food source
    > disappears, so will they. The heavy rains probably started breaking down
    > the lawn thatch, clippings and whatever, creating moist conditions for
    > 'shrooms at the same time.
    >
    > Generally, they don't bother the lawn, but can possibly poison pets and
    > children that might eat them, same as if they found them in the woods.
    >
    > HTH, Old Gringo
    > JPM

    Thanks
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/13/2007 3:06:40 PM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2007
  12. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:05:05 +0200, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Clogwog Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > "Old Gringo" <> schreef in bericht
    >> With an unusual amount of rain fall this year,

    > Oh, yes unusual amounts of rain here in Holland as well!
    > http://www.tuin-wiki.nl/upload/Main/TuinierenEnComputers.jpg
    >
    >> my lawn is plagued
    >> with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    >> the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    >> recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    >> granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    >> recommendations.

    > I use Roundup!
    > http://www.scotsdalegardencentre.co.uk/upload/roundup_95xn.jpg
    > http://www.scotsdalegardencentre.co.uk/homepage.php

    Thanks
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/13/2007 3:07:09 PM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2007
  13. Old Gringo

    Plato Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:

    > With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    > with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    > the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    > recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    > granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    > recommendations.

    Best not to use any at all. Let the lawn be.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 14, 2007
  14. Old Gringo

    Rectum Burn Guest

    Old Gringo <> said in news:1p1r4mk4vq7so.dlg@NuBoy-
    Industries.com:

    > With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    > with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    > the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    > recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    > granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    > recommendations.
    > PS: Nothing available locally so I will need to special order.

    Shoot, I was hoping it was something to do with your toenails.

    Rectum Burrrrrrrrrn
    Rectum Burn, Aug 14, 2007
  15. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:49:08 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    Thinking Twice, Old Gringo Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    > with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    > the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    > recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    > granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    > recommendations.
    > PS: Nothing available locally so I will need to special order.

    A Grand Thank You to All.
    I finally decided to try some of the home brew methods.
    I put about 2 table spoons of Lysol Disinfectant Concentrate (now in
    plastic bottle, use to come in glass bottle) into the hose end
    sprayer bottle. I then filled the bottle with Dollar General
    (compare to Listerine) mouthwash. I set the sprayer to dispense at
    a rate of 2 oz. of mixture to 1 gallon of water, attached it to the
    hose and away I went. The whole area smelled like a pharmaceutical
    laboratory, but guess what, It worked. :) Thanks again to all.
    PS: To: RB; Now I know what to use on my toenails. <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/14/2007 11:38:33 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 14, 2007
  16. Old Gringo

    james Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > On Or About Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:49:08 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    > Thinking Twice, Old Gringo Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    > The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >
    >> With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    >> with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    >> the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    >> recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    >> granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    >> recommendations.
    >> PS: Nothing available locally so I will need to special order.

    > A Grand Thank You to All.
    > I finally decided to try some of the home brew methods.
    > I put about 2 table spoons of Lysol Disinfectant Concentrate (now in
    > plastic bottle, use to come in glass bottle) into the hose end
    > sprayer bottle. I then filled the bottle with Dollar General
    > (compare to Listerine) mouthwash. I set the sprayer to dispense at
    > a rate of 2 oz. of mixture to 1 gallon of water, attached it to the
    > hose and away I went. The whole area smelled like a pharmaceutical
    > laboratory, but guess what, It worked. :) Thanks again to all.
    > PS: To: RB; Now I know what to use on my toenails. <g>
    > --
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    > 8/14/2007 11:38:33 AM CST

    Re fungus on toenails , use rubbing alcohol at 99 cents a bottle at the drug
    store
    no need to pay these big bucks
    Jim
    james, Aug 14, 2007
  17. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:36:31 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, james Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Or About Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:49:08 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >> Thinking Twice, Old Gringo Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    >> The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >>
    >>> With an unusual amount of rain fall this year, my lawn is plagued
    >>> with fungus of all types. Toadstools, mushrooms, and some type in
    >>> the grass blades themselves. A total disaster. I am asking for a
    >>> recommendation for a good all around fungicide. Hose end sprayer,
    >>> granular, or what ever. Please include a link for any
    >>> recommendations.
    >>> PS: Nothing available locally so I will need to special order.

    >> A Grand Thank You to All.
    >> I finally decided to try some of the home brew methods.
    >> I put about 2 table spoons of Lysol Disinfectant Concentrate (now in
    >> plastic bottle, use to come in glass bottle) into the hose end
    >> sprayer bottle. I then filled the bottle with Dollar General
    >> (compare to Listerine) mouthwash. I set the sprayer to dispense at
    >> a rate of 2 oz. of mixture to 1 gallon of water, attached it to the
    >> hose and away I went. The whole area smelled like a pharmaceutical
    >> laboratory, but guess what, It worked. :) Thanks again to all.
    >> PS: To: RB; Now I know what to use on my toenails. <g>
    >> --
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    >> 8/14/2007 11:38:33 AM CST

    > Re fungus on toenails , use rubbing alcohol at 99 cents a bottle at the drug
    > store
    > no need to pay these big bucks
    > Jim

    Another good one, thanks a lot James.