    able to do is search for either "Ph" or "In" from the same cell. Is this
    possible? I think i have seen this done by setting a special function and
    VB!!

    red, Mar 2, 2009

  2. "red" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am trying to search fro two pieces of infomation from one cell.
    > For one piece i have used =IF(LEFT(J11,2)="Ph",L11,""). What i want to be
    > able to do is search for either "Ph" or "In" from the same cell. Is this
    > possible?

    It's possible. Asking in the right FORUM will get you the answer a whole lot
    faster.

    =IF(LEFT(J11,2)="Ph", L11, IF(LEFT(J11,2)="In",L11,"") )

    Essentially you use the ELSE block of the first IF statement to execute the
    IF test for your second (or subsequent) strings of interest. So, if J11 is
    not "Ph" then test to see if it its "In", if so, perform the same assignment
    (L11), if not, leave it blank.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Mar 2, 2009