    Carlos Guest

    Bonnie,
    Given the scarce information you are given I can only guess that you should
    press the F-lock key on the keyboard.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 12, 2009

  2. What is the make and model of your laptop?

    Is this 64-bit Windows 7?

    Bonnie, Nov 12, 2009
  4. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Bonnie,
    What exact keyboard (make, model) do you have?
    There must be a key somewhere that toggles the use of the Function Keys.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 13, 2009
  5. Carlos

    Dave Warren Guest

    In message <exUbvY$> "Bonnie"
    <> was claimed to have wrote:

    >sorry about the lack of info.
    >I have a desktop computer.
    >it's an alienware.
    >the keyboard has numbers on top
    >and also on the right side of the keyboard.
    >the num lock is turned on.
    >the problem started shortly after I had
    >windows 7 pro 64bit installed. I don't know
    >if this is the reason I'm having problems but
    >I'd sure like to know how to fix the problem.
    >hope I've given everyone ample information.
    >thanks,
    >bonnie

    Are you having problems with the function keys (F1, F2, etc going up to
    F12), or trying to use the "command" version of those keys
    (Help/Undo/Redo/etc)? If either of these cases, look for something
    labeled "F Lock" and press it once, then try the problematic keys.

    Bonnie, Nov 13, 2009
  7. Carlos

    Bonnie Guest

    dave........function keys

    I turned the f lock off and on. it didn't help.
    bonnie
    Bonnie, Nov 13, 2009
  8. Carlos

    Bonnie Guest

    carlos,
    what turns the keys off and on is the f lock.
    that is not working.
    bonnie
    Bonnie, Nov 13, 2009
  9. Carlos

    Bill Guest

    Re: dave........function keys

    "Bonnie" <> wrote in message
    > I turned the f lock off and on. it didn't help.
    > bonnie

    I'd try the keyboard you have on a different computer and see whether the
    f-lock key works. You could even put it in a bag
    and take it to Best Buy and plug it in to a computer, explaining, if anyone
    asks, that you came in to buy a new keyboard and just wanted to make sure
    your current one was bad...
    Bill, Nov 13, 2009
  10. Carlos

    ShellP Guest

    Re: dave........function keys

    On Nov 13, 5:35 pm, "Bill" <> wrote:
    > "Bonnie" <> wrote in message

    > >    I turned the f lock off and on. it didn't help.
    > > bonnie

    > I'd try the keyboard you have on a different computer and see whether the
    > f-lock key works. You could even put it in a bag
    > and take it to Best Buy and plug it in to a computer, explaining, if anyone
    > asks, that you came in to buy a new keyboard and just wanted to make sure
    > your current one was bad...

    If it is a wireless keyboard? You may need to re-sync it. Possibly it
    may need a battery installed if it is a wireless. Have you also tried
    Re-Starting the PC? If it is the Driver? Windows will find or send you
    to a link or reference for the manufacturer.
    ShellP, Nov 14, 2009
  11. Carlos

    rak Guest

    Re: dave........function keys

    I have a clean install of windows 7, 32 bit, home premium and a logitech
    wireless keyboard and mouse. After shutting down and unplugging to
    physically change locations, my mouse worked fine, but only a few keyboard
    functions would work. It took 3 restarts before everything was back to
    normal.

    rak, Nov 14, 2009