    nerd32768 Guest

    Just for fun-
    Should you leave your computer On or Off

    nerd32768, Jun 16, 2004

  2. nerd32768

    Neil Guest

    "nerd32768" <brin{removethis}> wrote in news:40d03f64$1
    @katy-news.txucom.net:

    > Just for fun-
    > Should you leave your computer On or Off

    Off

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004

  3. nerd32768

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > "nerd32768" <brin{removethis}> wrote in news:40d03f64$1
    > @katy-news.txucom.net:
    >
    >> Just for fun-
    >> Should you leave your computer On or Off
    >>

    > Off

    on.

    i just power off my mini switch.

    :)

    Rowdy Yates
    --
    "why make it simple when we can complicate it beyond belief"

    Rowdy Yates, Jun 16, 2004
  4. nerd32768

    billyw Guest

    if you switch it iff it wont work..
    so during the working day i'd leave it on...

    that said.. in your case leave it off.. probably safer..

    billyw, Jun 16, 2004
  5. nerd32768

    Neil Guest

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    > on.

    off.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  6. nerd32768

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > Rowdy Yates <> wrote in
    >
    > > on.

    > off.

    No, you're not.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 16, 2004
  7. nerd32768

    RH Guest

    in your case, you should probably carefully box it back
    up in the containers in which it came, and take it back
    where you got it. I wouldn't recommend trying to USE it
    for anything constructive if whether it is on or off is
    your primary concern.

    RH, Jun 16, 2004
  8. nerd32768

    Consultant Guest

    i put mine in hibernation

    Consultant, Jun 16, 2004
  9. nerd32768

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:e7591a6UEHA.2544
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > "Neil" <> wrote in message
    >> Rowdy Yates <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > on.

    >> off.
    >>

    > No, you're not.

    yes I am

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  10. nerd32768

    Neil Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in news:e#TlMh6UEHA.2816
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > i put mine in hibernation

    please standby

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  11. >Should you leave your computer On or Off

    throw it out the window - just to be sure.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 16, 2004
  12. nerd32768

    TechGeekPro Guest

    > Just for fun-
    > Should you leave your computer On or Off

    Well, obviously, one would not want to turn their server off.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 16, 2004
  13. nerd32768

    Neil Guest

    "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ndSdnTm-
    :

    > Well, obviously, one would not want to turn their server off.

    there are days...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  14. nerd32768

    JaR Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:49:52 -0500, nerd32768 extemporised:

    > Just for fun-
    > Should you leave your computer On or Off

    I always leave mine on, except when I turn it off. Then it generally stays
    off. At least it stays off until the next time I turn it on. Then it stays
    on.

    I hope this clears up the confusion.

    JaR
    Arbitrary Thug

    JaR, Jun 16, 2004
  15. nerd32768

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:49:52 -0500, nerd32768 extemporised:
    >
    > > Just for fun-
    > > Should you leave your computer On or Off

    > I always leave mine on, except when I turn it off. Then it generally stays
    > off. At least it stays off until the next time I turn it on. Then it stays
    > on.
    >
    > I hope this clears up the confusion.

    Claer as mud.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 16, 2004
  16. nerd32768

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:49:52 -0500, nerd32768 extemporised:
    >
    > > Just for fun-
    > > Should you leave your computer On or Off

    > I always leave mine on, except when I turn it off. Then it generally stays
    > off. At least it stays off until the next time I turn it on. Then it stays
    > on.
    >
    > I hope this clears up the confusion.

    Personally, I like when my computer is turned on. Because if she's not
    turned on, then it makes things difficult. When she's turned on, she gets
    all hot and stuff, and I really like that. When she's turned off, she's just
    so cold and unresponsive, I can't take it. So I "push her button" if you
    know what I mean, and turn her on. Then we get down to business.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 16, 2004
  17. nerd32768

    Neil Guest

    JaR <> wrote in

    > Then it stays
    > on.

    crap, my virus isn't doing what I told it to.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  18. nerd32768

    JaR Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:21:01 -0400, Ken Briscoe extemporised:

    > Personally, I like when my computer is turned on. Because if she's not
    > turned on, then it makes things difficult. When she's turned on, she gets
    > all hot and stuff, and I really like that. When she's turned off, she's
    > just so cold and unresponsive, I can't take it. So I "push her button" if
    > you know what I mean, and turn her on. Then we get down to business.

    Ooh, a "laptop"? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

    JaR, Jun 16, 2004
  19. nerd32768

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in

    > Personally, I like when my computer is turned on. Because if she's not
    > turned on, then it makes things difficult. When she's turned on, she
    > gets all hot and stuff, and I really like that. When she's turned off,
    > she's just so cold and unresponsive, I can't take it. So I "push her
    > button" if you know what I mean, and turn her on. Then we get down to
    > business.

    it is real (almost)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  20. nerd32768

    Brat® Guest

    does it growl if you wake it too early??? Does it eat a lot of memory
    before hibernation? And if so, does it take big bytes or small bytes? Is
    it mating season when it wakes up?

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    Proud member since April 8, 2002