Fun read on Global Warming

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Mar 4, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Mar 4, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Meat Plow Post:
    > On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 16:58:15 -0600, OldGringo38
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-329es.html

    > Yet another debunking of the global warming hysteria.
    >
    > Computer model scenarios can't consider all the variables, only those
    > understood by programmers.

    Science has proven its self wrong hundreds of times in the last 65
    years, and I am sure this will not be the end of it. <g> A group of
    dogs, one pisses on a tree and scratches the ground and they all
    follow as if it were meant to be. Not to downgrade the dogs.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Mar 4, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >, In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My Two
    >Cents To The Meat Plow Post:
    >> On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 16:58:15 -0600, OldGringo38
    >> <>wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-329es.html

    >> Yet another debunking of the global warming hysteria.
    >>
    >> Computer model scenarios can't consider all the variables, only those
    >> understood by programmers.

    > Science has proven its self wrong hundreds of times in the last 65 years,
    > and I am sure this will not be the end of it. <g> A group of dogs, one
    > pisses on a tree and scratches the ground and they all follow as if it
    > were meant to be. Not to downgrade the dogs.

    LOL!
    Best analogy yet.
    Ferd.Berfle, Mar 5, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    OldGringo38 <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > Science has proven its self wrong hundreds of times in the last 65
    > years, and I am sure this will not be the end of it. <g> A group of
    > dogs, one pisses on a tree and scratches the ground and they all
    > follow as if it were meant to be. Not to downgrade the dogs.

    You seem to be confusing science with religion.

    Mike "we know The Truth, don't bother telling us" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Mar 5, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "Brian Cryer" <not.here@localhost> wrote in message
    > "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-329es.html

    > Dated December 1998, so this is an old article. Even so, more than a
    > decade later the case for global warming is still waiting to be proven.
    > --

    "We need to get some broad based support,
    to capture the public's imagination.
    So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
    make simplified, dramatic statements
    and make little mention of any doubts.
    Each of us has to decide what the right balance
    is between being effective and being honest."
    - Prof. Stephen Schneider,
    Stanford Professor of Climatology,
    lead author of many IPCC reports

    "We've got to ride this global warming issue.
    Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
    we will be doing the right thing in terms of
    economic and environmental policy."
    - Timothy Wirth,
    President of the UN Foundation

    "No matter if the science of global warming is all phony.
    climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
    bring about justice and equality in the world."
    - Christine Stewart,
    former Canadian Minister of the Environment

    "The data doesn't matter. We're not basing our recommendations
    on the data. We're basing them on the climate models."
    - Prof. Chris Folland,
    Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research

    "The models are convenient fictions
    that provide something very useful."
    - Dr David Frame,
    climate modeler, Oxford University

    "I believe it is appropriate to have an 'over-representation' of the facts
    on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience."
    - Al Gore,
    Climate Change activist
    Ferd.Berfle, Mar 5, 2010