    fullspeed - ie, getting download speeds at up to 500kilobytes per sec.

    Unfortunately, this only lasted 2 weeks...now back to normal 32kilobyte/sec
    download speed.

    Jed Meisterdude, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Jed Meisterdude

    TH1 Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:43:35 +1200, "Jed Meisterdude"
    <> wrote:

    >Recently noticed that my Jetsurf uncapped plan started running at
    >fullspeed - ie, getting download speeds at up to 500kilobytes per sec.
    >
    >Unfortunately, this only lasted 2 weeks...now back to normal 32kilobyte/sec
    >download speed.

    Yes, sometimes Telecom loses their rate file information, and the
    bandwidth cap goes away. When they notice, they restore it and next
    night the cap is back again. I have had it several times with my 128
    kbit/s connection over the past few years.

    TH1, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Jed Meisterdude

    ardz Guest

    "Jed Meisterdude" > wrote in message
    > Recently noticed that my Jetsurf uncapped plan started running at
    > fullspeed - ie, getting download speeds at up to 500kilobytes per sec.
    >
    > Unfortunately, this only lasted 2 weeks...now back to normal

    32kilobyte/sec
    > download speed.

    Only 2 weeks,how much did you end up going over your monthly cap?. I ve had
    it happen to me a couple of times over the past few years but this usually
    lasts about 24hrs.

    ardz, Jun 3, 2004
  4. Jed Meisterdude

    Starkey Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Recently noticed that my Jetsurf uncapped plan started running at
    >fullspeed - ie, getting download speeds at up to 500kilobytes per sec.
    >
    >Unfortunately, this only lasted 2 weeks...now back to normal 32kilobyte/sec
    >download speed.

    i hope you took advantage of it

    Starkey, Jun 3, 2004
  5. Jed Meisterdude

    JedMeister Guest

    I didn't go over the cap - but, it was very nice while it lasted.

    JedMeister, Jun 3, 2004
  6. Jed Meisterdude

    samg Guest

    Starkey <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:43:35 +1200, "Jed Meisterdude"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Recently noticed that my Jetsurf uncapped plan started running at
    >>fullspeed - ie, getting download speeds at up to 500kilobytes per sec.
    >>
    >>Unfortunately, this only lasted 2 weeks...now back to normal
    >>32kilobyte/sec download speed.
    >>

    > i hope you took advantage of it

    downloading home movies and game demos.....heheheheheh

    samg, Jun 3, 2004
  7. Jed Meisterdude

    steve Guest

    Jed Meisterdude wrote:
    > Recently noticed that my Jetsurf uncapped plan started running at
    > fullspeed - ie, getting download speeds at up to 500kilobytes per sec.
    >
    > Unfortunately, this only lasted 2 weeks...now back to normal 32kilobyte/sec
    > download speed.

    I had the same thing on Jetstream Starter for weeks and weeks....then
    had to move the ADSL connection to a new location (chnage of
    plans).....and now get only 256k on Jetstream Surf.

    steve, Jun 3, 2004
  8. Jed Meisterdude

    JedMeister Guest

    Oh no!!

    Well, I made an effort to keep my adsl router switched on 24x7, just in case
    the speed reverted when my modem reconnected.

    JedMeister, Jun 3, 2004