    to me like a sponge.

    Thanks
    Mike
    MikeM, May 4, 2006

  2. MikeM

    MikeM Guest

    RX510

    MikeM, May 4, 2006

  3. MikeM

    Pete D Guest

    "MikeM" <> wrote in message
    > The Epson tech support told me that the reason both the printer and
    > scanner of my RX510 stopped working was because the waste ink pad was
    > full. I haven't had the problem with other Epsons I have had, is it
    > normal in current Epson printers? The service depot told me it would
    > cost $65 + parts to get it going. It seems a bit pricy for what looks
    > to me like a sponge.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mike

    Ah but this is special Epson sponge!
    Pete D, May 4, 2006
  4. Pete D wrote:
    > "MikeM" <> wrote in message
    >> The Epson tech support told me that the reason both the printer and
    >> scanner of my RX510 stopped working was because the waste ink pad was
    >> full. I haven't had the problem with other Epsons I have had, is it
    >> normal in current Epson printers? The service depot told me it would
    >> cost $65 + parts to get it going. It seems a bit pricy for what looks
    >> to me like a sponge.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Mike

    > Ah but this is special Epson sponge!

    Try comp.periphs.printers, look for Art Entrich (sp). He'll email a
    manual if you ask him, and are prepared to d.i.y.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, May 4, 2006
  5. MikeM

    Stewy Guest

    In article
    <4459cdeb$0$16972$>,
    "Pete D" <> wrote:

    > "MikeM" <> wrote in message
    > > The Epson tech support told me that the reason both the printer and
    > > scanner of my RX510 stopped working was because the waste ink pad was
    > > full. I haven't had the problem with other Epsons I have had, is it
    > > normal in current Epson printers? The service depot told me it would
    > > cost $65 + parts to get it going. It seems a bit pricy for what looks
    > > to me like a sponge.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Mike

    > Ah but this is special Epson sponge!

    It's one of many Epson sponges to soak up your money after they sold you
    an underpriced printer
    Stewy, May 4, 2006
  6. In article <>,
    MikeM <> wrote:

    > The Epson tech support told me that the reason both the printer and
    > scanner of my RX510 stopped working was because the waste ink pad was
    > full. I haven't had the problem with other Epsons I have had, is it
    > normal in current Epson printers? The service depot told me it would
    > cost $65 + parts to get it going. It seems a bit pricy for what looks
    > to me like a sponge.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mike

    Except for the Epson 2200 that I threw out, all three of the Epson photo
    printers that I have used have leaked ink out the bottom. You're lucky
    that yours turned off.

    Epson has mastered the art of making printing expensive. As if the ink
    and paper didn't cost enough already, much of the ink is sprayed and
    pumped onto an expensive sponge. And as the recent class action suit
    points out, the ink tanks become "empty" long before their rated
    capacity is used.

    It may be cheaper to buy a different brand of printer.
    Kevin McMurtrie, May 5, 2006