    Have a good day,

    Happppppppppppy Everythings,

    Len.

    St. George, Sep 10, 2004

  2. St. George

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Options / Read tab.
    Check 'Automatically expand grouped messages'.

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:41:16 +0100, in
    <chribq$2rk$>
    "St. George" <St. > scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 10, 2004

  3. St. George

    St. George Guest

    Mike,

    Many thanks but think you may have misunderstood.
    In my version of OE your advice expands the string to include the headers of
    all replies etc.
    What I am looking for is whenever I open a message, either in newsgroup or
    mail, then the entire screen is taken up with this message.
    At the moment I have to expand each and every message when I open it. My
    expand I mean top left between minimise and delete - think it is sometimes
    called maximise.

    Thanks once again.

    Len

    St. George, Sep 10, 2004
  4. St. George

    Liz Guest

    "St. George" wrote

    > What I am looking for is whenever I open a message, either in newsgroup or
    > mail, then the entire screen is taken up with this message.
    > At the moment I have to expand each and every message when I open it. My
    > expand I mean top left between minimise and delete - think it is sometimes
    > called maximise.

    Sounds like you have preview pane turned off.
    The "Preview Pane" is an area of the screen where
    you can see the contents of a message as soon
    as you clicking on it.

    If you do not see a Preview button on your toolbar,
    go to View> Layout> put a check next to "Show Preview Pane".
    Or right-click on toolbar, select Customize, and then
    add the Preview button to your toolbar.

    You can click on the "Preview" button to turn the
    show preview pane feature on and off.

    Also see Outlook Express warning
    http://tinyurl.com/6ukgc

    Liz, Sep 10, 2004
  5. St. George

    Jersey Guest

    Liz <> wrote:

    > "St. George" wrote
    >
    >> What I am looking for is whenever I open a message, either in
    >> newsgroup or mail, then the entire screen is taken up with this
    >> message.

    Open a message, and hover your mouse over the top/bottom/side edges of the
    message window until you see a double-pointer.

    Hold the left mouse-button down, and drag each edge to the desired position.

    You're all set.

    Windows doesn't seem to "remember" maximize, but it *does* "remember" if you
    actually drag the edges of any active pane.

    >> At the moment I have to expand each and every message when I open
    >> it. My expand I mean top left between minimise and delete - think
    >> it is sometimes called maximise.

    > Sounds like you have preview pane turned off.
    > The "Preview Pane" is an area of the screen where
    > you can see the contents of a message as soon
    > as you clicking on it.

    Preview Pane *"OFF"*, is as it should be. You should *NEVER* run OE with
    the preview pane allowed if you're connected to anything other than an
    Intranet.

    > If you do not see a Preview button on your toolbar,

    This is a good thing.

    <snip bad advice and "warning" about activating the preview pane in OE>

    Jersey, Sep 10, 2004
  6. St. George

    St. George Guest

    "> > "St. George" wrote

    > >> What I am looking for is whenever I open a message, either in
    > >> newsgroup or mail, then the entire screen is taken up with this
    > >> message.

    > Open a message, and hover your mouse over the top/bottom/side edges of the
    > message window until you see a double-pointer.
    >
    > Hold the left mouse-button down, and drag each edge to the desired

    position.

    > You're all set.
    >
    > Windows doesn't seem to "remember" maximize, but it *does* "remember" if

    you
    > actually drag the edges of any active pane.

    BINGO.

    Mannnnnnnnnnnny Thanks Jersey.

    Have a Super Day.

    Happpppppppppppppppppppppppppy Everythings,

    Len, Weston-SUPER-Mare

    St. George, Sep 11, 2004
  7. St. George

    St. George Guest

    Liz,

    Thank you for your input.

    Jersey had the right answer. See the thread.

    Best wishes and Happpppppppppppy Everythings.

    Len.

    St. George, Sep 11, 2004
  8. St. George

    Liz Guest

    "Jersey" <> wrote

    > Liz <> wrote:
    >
    > > If you do not see a Preview button on your toolbar,

    > This is a good thing.
    >
    > <snip bad advice and "warning" about activating the preview pane in OE>

    You're overacting, Jessy. My original unedited post
    explained what is preview pane, how to turn it on and off,
    and the potential risks. I did not *advice* OP what to do
    as I wasn't sure what he meant by seeing full screen.

    Preview pane does not give you a virus. However,
    opening unknown attachments can get you into trouble
    and this can happen even if the preview is disabled.

    The problem with preview pane could be tricked into
    executing code on your system without opening an attachment,
    Microsoft has patched that security hole.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262165

    It's the knowledge and awareness keep a user safe,
    post-editing and snipping a link helps nobody. BTW,
    the link you snipped is about "how to disable the
    preview pane", it's not about activating preview.

    Liz, Sep 11, 2004