    club. STOP BUYING DVD'S UNTIL THEY PUT BOTH FORMATS ON ONE. I don't
    care if it costs a few dollars more...money in the bank at a later
    date. scott mitchell
    Scott Mitchell, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Scott Mitchell

    Biz Guest

    I agree with you as long as the only version available is the Original
    Aspect Ratio when it comes to movies, and the intended aspect ratio for
    released tv content. Remember that including both the original version and
    the bastardized version on the same disk can potentially take up space that
    could have been put to better use for extras....
    Biz, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Scott Mitchell

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:33:25 -0800, Scott Mitchell
    <> Gave us:

    > I feel I was one of millions who helped kill DIVX...why can't
    >we all agree to stop buying DVD's untill they put both formats on the
    >same DVD.

    **** you, retard.

    You ex-VHS rental interloping idiots know next to nothing about
    films.

    > It works very well and the studios know it.

    No... it does not work worth a shit... at all. It cuts into my
    video quality, my sound quality, and my extras. That doesn't even
    mention the added cost. Again **** you.

    > They just want
    >to sell the same DVD twice, when those of us that can't afford
    >widescreen buy one and then have to buy another DVD.

    You're an idiot. Only IDIOTS buy fullscreen at all. Dig?

    > The technology
    >is there as there are many 2-sided DVD's with both formats.

    And most of them are as fucking lame as you are.

    > Can't we
    >have both and please everyone?

    I'd say that all of the unsold FOOLscreen inventories of past film
    releases would make that answer a resounding NO, dipshit.

    > Just like the high price of CD's,

    CDs were $20 each when they first came out. They got cheaper over
    two decades of time. THEN, school aged adolescent twits hit t6he
    internet, and we are left with rising CD prices and thieving retards
    that think "It's all good" everywhere. Then on top of that, we have
    to teach total twits like YOU why FOOLscreen is an abomination.

    > the
    >coming of gold CD's, buying CD's when we had cassettes, buying
    >cassettes when we had LP's.

    Yer an idiot.

    > They continue to rape us and we have the
    >club.

    Yer an idiot. Go away.

    **** you, retard. Go back to VHS you fucking 20 IQ dolt!

    > I don't
    >care if it costs a few dollars more...money in the bank at a later
    >date.

    You take "retard" to a new low in backward thinking. You epitomize
    the term.
    DarkMatter, Sep 24, 2003
  4. Scott Mitchell

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:43:19 GMT, "Biz" <> Gave
    us:

    >I agree with you as long as the only version available is the Original
    >Aspect Ratio when it comes to movies, and the intended aspect ratio for
    >released tv content. Remember that including both the original version and
    >the bastardized version on the same disk can potentially take up space that
    >could have been put to better use for extras....

    Said the top posting retarded twit.

    The last sentence you wrote makes sense. The first sentence is
    already how it is done in nearly every case except for the correctly
    termed "bastardized versions". They're far more than a mere waste of
    space. That wasted space means that I get a poor quality product
    which is being touted as viable when it clearly is not.

    It ain't worth a shit if space was wasted adding a chopped and
    cropped version of the work. It falls below "art" at that point, and
    falls into "retarded consumer wish abatement". And then the pieces of
    shit don't sell out, so I KNOW that they increase the price of a
    PROPER DVD work.

    Learn how NOT to top post, you OUTHOUSE EXPRESS fucking Usenet
    RETARD!
    DarkMatter, Sep 24, 2003
  5. Scott Mitchell

    Mark Jones Guest

    > STOP BUYING DVD'S UNTIL THEY PUT BOTH FORMATS ON ONE. I don't
    > care if it costs a few dollars more...money in the bank at a later
    > date.

    No way. I do not need to spend the extra money because
    I already have a 65 inch HDTV. Buy the widescreen DVD
    regardless of your TV aspect ratio and watch the entire
    movie, instead of just part of it.

    Even a widescreen TV will have the black bars on many
    movies, so you may as well get used to it.
    Mark Jones, Sep 24, 2003
  6. Scott Mitchell <> wrote:
    > ...[The studios] just want to sell the same DVD twice, when those of us
    > that can't afford widescreen buy one and then have to buy another DVD.

    Who, exactly, "can't afford widescreen"? It hasn't been my experience
    that widescreen DVDs generally cost any more than their cropped or
    open-matte counterparts.

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...
    Douglas Bailey, Sep 24, 2003
  7. Scott Mitchell

    Richard C. Guest

    : I feel I was one of millions who helped kill DIVX...why can't
    : we all agree to stop buying DVD's untill they put both formats on the
    : same DVD. It works very well and the studios know it. They just want
    : to sell the same DVD twice, when those of us that can't afford
    : widescreen buy one and then have to buy another DVD. The technology
    : is there as there are many 2-sided DVD's with both formats. Can't we
    : have both and please everyone? Just like the high price of CD's, the
    : coming of gold CD's, buying CD's when we had cassettes, buying
    : cassettes when we had LP's. They continue to rape us and we have the
    : club. STOP BUYING DVD'S UNTIL THEY PUT BOTH FORMATS ON ONE. I don't
    : care if it costs a few dollars more...money in the bank at a later
    : date. scott mitchell

    ================================
    Sorry...........I usually REFUSE to buy DVDs that have both.

    OAR is all that is necessary. You can watch widescreen on ANY TV.
    ==============================
    Richard C., Sep 24, 2003
  8. Scott Mitchell wrote:
    > I feel I was one of millions who helped kill DIVX...why can't
    > we all agree to stop buying DVD's untill they put both formats on the
    > same DVD. It works very well and the studios know it. They just want
    > to sell the same DVD twice, when those of us that can't afford
    > widescreen buy one and then have to buy another DVD.

    Can't afford widescreen? Are you under the mistaken impression that you
    need a widescreen tv to enjoy widescreen DVDs?

    The technology
    > is there as there are many 2-sided DVD's with both formats. Can't we
    > have both and please everyone? Just like the high price of CD's, the
    > coming of gold CD's, buying CD's when we had cassettes, buying
    > cassettes when we had LP's. They continue to rape us and we have the
    > club. STOP BUYING DVD'S UNTIL THEY PUT BOTH FORMATS ON ONE. I don't
    > care if it costs a few dollars more...money in the bank at a later
    > date. scott mitchell

    No, we can't have both. It wastes space on the disc, degrading picture
    quality. Pan and scan must be rubbed out until it's a vague memory,
    something our grandkids won't believe people used to accept.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Sep 24, 2003
  9. Scott Mitchell

    Smaug69 Guest

    Scott Mitchell <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I feel I was one of millions who helped kill DIVX...why can't
    > we all agree to stop buying DVD's untill they put both formats on the
    > same DVD.

    You are talking about aspect ratios not formats. DVD is the format.
    Anyone who wants to have the P&S version of a film over the original
    aspect ratio doesn't deserve to have a DVD player, IMHO. But I have no
    control over how things get released.

    > It works very well and the studios know it. They just want
    > to sell the same DVD twice, when those of us that can't afford
    > widescreen buy one and then have to buy another DVD.

    What do you mean by "can't afford to buy widescreen?" Widescreen what?
    Certainly you don't mean widescreen DVDs since there is no price
    difference between a widescreen DVD and a fullscreen/P&S DVD.

    > The technology
    > is there as there are many 2-sided DVD's with both formats. Can't we
    > have both and please everyone? Just like the high price of CD's, the
    > coming of gold CD's, buying CD's when we had cassettes, buying
    > cassettes when we had LP's. They continue to rape us and we have the
    > club. STOP BUYING DVD'S UNTIL THEY PUT BOTH FORMATS ON ONE. I don't
    > care if it costs a few dollars more...money in the bank at a later
    > date. scott mitchell

    I only care about the film being in its OAR. So if a DVD is released
    that is not the OAR I ignore it. And I don't care about having a P&S
    version on my discs if they are taking up space that could be used for
    a DTS soundtrack or other extra features.

    AFAIAC, it's not about choice, but about artistic integrity. If
    everyone had widescreen TVs tomorrow no one would even consider buying
    a P&S version of a film ever again.

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Sep 24, 2003
  10. Scott Mitchell

    Guest

    Smaug69 <> wrote:

    [snip]

    : AFAIAC, it's not about choice, but about artistic integrity. If
    : everyone had widescreen TVs tomorrow no one would even consider buying
    : a P&S version of a film ever again.

    Sadly 1.78:1 P&S versions of 2.35:1 films are starting to show up :(

    /Lars
    --
    "I'd give my soul to be where I was a year ago...
    ....if I had a soul left to give"
  11. In article <>,
    DarkMatter <> wrote:

    > Learn how NOT to top post, you OUTHOUSE EXPRESS fucking Usenet
    > RETARD!

    Said the highly intelligent Usenet poster.
    Ura Dippschitt, Sep 24, 2003
  12. "Scott Mitchell" <> wrote in message

    Oy! Not this freaking discussion again!!!

    Welcome to my kill file Mr. Mitchell!

    *PLONK*
    Michael Black, Sep 24, 2003
  13. On 24 Sep 2003 15:13:14 GMT, lid wrote:

    >Smaug69 <> wrote:
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >: AFAIAC, it's not about choice, but about artistic integrity. If
    >: everyone had widescreen TVs tomorrow no one would even consider buying
    >: a P&S version of a film ever again.
    >
    >Sadly 1.78:1 P&S versions of 2.35:1 films are starting to show up :(

    Yes, the Korean DVD of Taxi 3 is 1.78 P/S, for example.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Sep 24, 2003
  14. Scott Mitchell <> wrote in

    > I feel I was one of millions who helped kill DIVX...why can't
    > we all agree to stop buying DVD's untill they put both formats on the
    > same DVD. It works very well and the studios know it. They just want
    > to sell the same DVD twice, when those of us that can't afford
    > widescreen buy one and then have to buy another DVD. The technology
    > is there as there are many 2-sided DVD's with both formats. Can't we
    > have both and please everyone? Just like the high price of CD's, the
    > coming of gold CD's, buying CD's when we had cassettes, buying
    > cassettes when we had LP's. They continue to rape us and we have the
    > club. STOP BUYING DVD'S UNTIL THEY PUT BOTH FORMATS ON ONE. I don't
    > care if it costs a few dollars more...money in the bank at a later
    > date. scott mitchell

    Can't say that I agree with you. I've been buying WS DVDs since day 1,
    and I'm quite happy. I also don't feel the need to buy any of my DVDs
    again, since I am quite happy with the aspect ratio I got the first time.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Sep 24, 2003
  15. Scott Mitchell

    Biz Guest

    For your enjoyment I'll top post again. You have to be the single dumbest
    person on the planet. Welcome to my killfile.

    Biz, Sep 24, 2003
  16. Scott Mitchell

    yachtboy! Guest

    wrote:

    > I feel I was one of millions who helped kill DIVX...why can't
    >we all agree to stop buying DVD's untill they put both formats on the
    >same DVD. It works very well and the studios know it. They just want
    >to sell the same DVD twice, when those of us that can't afford
    >widescreen buy one and then have to buy another DVD. The technology
    >is there as there are many 2-sided DVD's with both formats. Can't we
    >have both and please everyone? Just like the high price of CD's, the
    >coming of gold CD's, buying CD's when we had cassettes, buying
    >cassettes when we had LP's. They continue to rape us and we have the
    >club. STOP BUYING DVD'S UNTIL THEY PUT BOTH FORMATS ON ONE. I don't
    >care if it costs a few dollars more...money in the bank at a later
    >date. scott mitchell

    I've got 3 tvs, a 25 inch, 20 inch, and a 13 inch. I have no problem
    watching widescreen on any of them.
    Why not start out by buying the widescreen to begin with?

    ==========
    "Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
    guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
    salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis

    "Destiny has a strange sense of humor..." K. Honeycutt
    ----------
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/psychedelic.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/slinkypage.html

    "He not busy being born is busy dying..." B. Dylan

    =======================
    yachtboy!, Sep 24, 2003
  17. Scott Mitchell

    Richard C. Guest

    Good. That way I can read your post immediately.

    Already read the other one..

    ============
    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    : For your enjoyment I'll top post again. You have to be the single dumbest
    : person on the planet. Welcome to my killfile.
    : "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:43:19 GMT, "Biz" <> Gave
    : > us:
    : >
[...]
    :
    :
    Richard C., Sep 24, 2003
  18. Scott Mitchell

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Scott Mitchell <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I feel I was one of millions who helped kill DIVX...why can't
    > we all agree to stop buying DVD's untill they put both formats on the
    > same DVD.

    Because that extra space can be used for bonus features that people
    will actually watch. Fans of pan and scan can be educated to like
    widescreen, but die hard pan and scan people will never watch the
    widescreen version and vice versa.

    Why waste the space on the disc with a version nobody is going to
    watch when it can be put to good use?

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Sep 25, 2003
  19. Scott Mitchell

    Smaug69 Guest

    lid wrote in message news:<3f71b48a$0$170$>...
    > Smaug69 <> wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > : AFAIAC, it's not about choice, but about artistic integrity. If
    > : everyone had widescreen TVs tomorrow no one would even consider buying
    > : a P&S version of a film ever again.
    >
    > Sadly 1.78:1 P&S versions of 2.35:1 films are starting to show up :(

    Yeah, I noticed a couple of those. That's just sad.

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Sep 25, 2003
  20. Scott Mitchell

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:11:06 GMT, Ura Dippschitt
    <> Gave us:

    >In article <>,
    > DarkMatter <> wrote:
    >
    >> Learn how NOT to top post, you OUTHOUSE EXPRESS fucking Usenet
    >> RETARD!

    >Said the highly intelligent Usenet poster.

    Goddamned right, you adolescent DIPSHIT!
    DarkMatter, Sep 25, 2003