Full screen video

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Jim S, Dec 14, 2006.

  1. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    Jim S, Dec 14, 2006

  2. There seems to be a problem with their javascript that limits it to IE
    only. I hate it when people don't test with several browsers.

    Anyway, it happens... My way around this is to use the IETabs plugin and
    to set certain websites to default to the IE rendering engine. That way
    they load in IE (encased in a tab in FF)..

    Beyond that, you might want to see if you can email someone at BBC about
    the javascript not working in all browsers? *shrug*

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 14, 2006

  3. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:55:02 -0600, Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

    > There seems to be a problem with their javascript that limits it to IE
    > only. I hate it when people don't test with several browsers.
    >
    > Anyway, it happens... My way around this is to use the IETabs plugin and
    > to set certain websites to default to the IE rendering engine. That way
    > they load in IE (encased in a tab in FF)..
    >
    > Beyond that, you might want to see if you can email someone at BBC about
    > the javascript not working in all browsers? *shrug*
    >
    > Jim S wrote:
    >> Why can I not get BBC snooker in fullscreen mode in Firefox when I can
    >> in IE7?
    >> Go here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport and click on video to try
    >> (May be UK only)

    I found a workround from other ngs.
    Right click on picture and for Media Player > Zoom > Fullscreen
    for Real > right click >Play in Theatre Mode
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

    Jim S, Dec 14, 2006
  4. Jim S wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:55:02 -0600, Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

    <S>
    >> Jim S wrote:
    >>> Why can I not get BBC snooker in fullscreen mode in Firefox when I can
    >>> in IE7?
    >>> Go here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport and click on video to try
    >>> (May be UK only)

    > I found a workround from other ngs.
    > Right click on picture and for Media Player > Zoom > Fullscreen
    > for Real > right click >Play in Theatre Mode

    Oh yeah.. forgot about that.... simplicity at its best... ;)

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 14, 2006