    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html

    FAQmeister, Aug 13, 2004

  2. FAQmeister

    Mike Jackson Guest

    >I just got my copy of "Long Day's Journey into Night" and the box says
    > "Full Screen Version" and "Formatted from it's original version to fit
    > your screen."
    >
    > And that's the only version available of the 1962 film. It seems to me
    > that nearly all of the people who would want this DVD would also want
    > the widescreen version. What kind of knuckleheads are running Lion's
    > Gate?

    They probably brought over the brass from Artisan when they acquired them.
    That sounds like an Artisan shenanigan.

    And a little pet peeve: It's Lions Gate, not Lion's Gate. Doesn't look
    right, but it's what they use in their official materials.

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com

    Mike Jackson, Aug 13, 2004

  3. FAQmeister

    luminos Guest

    Of course, the intent could also have been Lions' Gate.

    luminos, Aug 14, 2004