Full Feature List--New Corel Paint Shop Pro XI

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jeremy, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. jeremy

    jeremy Guest

    jeremy, Sep 13, 2006

  2. jeremy

    jeremy Guest

    Paint Shop Pro XI Feature Movie

    This movie was produced to appeal to the relatively unsophisticated user.
    The feature that I find most appealing about PSP is that one can begin
    getting good results with no experience at all, and can then begin taking
    the controls as his knowledge increases.

    http://apps.corel.com/ms/psppxi/3154/us/index.html#

    jeremy, Sep 13, 2006

  3. jeremy

    Rutger Guest

    "jeremy" <> schreef in bericht
    > Paint Shop Pro XI has just been released by Corel. Here is the link to
    > the Feature List:

    they forgot to mention one extra feature: it is slooooooowwww...

    Rutger

    --
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/

    Rutger, Sep 13, 2006
  4. Rutger wrote:
    > "jeremy" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Paint Shop Pro XI has just been released by Corel. Here is the link
    >> to the Feature List:

    > they forgot to mention one extra feature: it is slooooooowwww...
    >
    > Rutger

    .... and it didn't fix the things which were broken in PSP-10.

    From the faults reported so far, it might be wise to wait for the first
    patch, as the quality seems more like a beta than a production program.

    David

    David J Taylor, Sep 13, 2006
  5. Re: Paint Shop Pro XI Feature Movie

    jeremy wrote:
    > This movie was produced to appeal to the relatively unsophisticated user.
    > The feature that I find most appealing about PSP is that one can begin
    > getting good results with no experience at all, and can then begin taking
    > the controls as his knowledge increases.
    >
    > http://apps.corel.com/ms/psppxi/3154/us/index.html#

    Wow; you really do like psp, and you put your spam where your mouth is,
    too.

    --
    lsmft

    John McWilliams, Sep 14, 2006
  6. jeremy

    jeremy Guest

    "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    > jeremy wrote:
    >> This movie was produced to appeal to the relatively unsophisticated user.
    >> The feature that I find most appealing about PSP is that one can begin
    >> getting good results with no experience at all, and can then begin taking
    >> the controls as his knowledge increases.
    >>
    >> http://apps.corel.com/ms/psppxi/3154/us/index.html#

    > Wow; you really do like psp, and you put your spam where your mouth is,
    > too.
    >
    > --
    > lsmft

    I was not "Spamming" anyone, you moron! I have no connection with Corel or
    PSP, except as a satisfied user.

    jeremy, Sep 14, 2006
  7. jeremy

    Helen Guest

    "jeremy" <> wrote in message

    > I was not "Spamming" anyone, you moron! I have no connection with Corel
    > or PSP, except as a satisfied user.

    Perhaps you set your self rather low standards of satisfaction.

    Helen, Sep 14, 2006
  8. Re: Paint Shop Pro XI Feature Movie

    Helen wrote:
    > "jeremy" <> wrote in message
    >> I was not "Spamming" anyone, you moron! I have no connection with Corel
    >> or PSP, except as a satisfied user.

    > Perhaps you set your self rather low standards of satisfaction.

    With the number of posts from him crowing about PSP in the last week, it
    looked as though he was at least on retainer.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Sep 15, 2006
  9. jeremy

    Rich Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > jeremy wrote:
    > > This movie was produced to appeal to the relatively unsophisticated user.
    > > The feature that I find most appealing about PSP is that one can begin
    > > getting good results with no experience at all, and can then begin taking
    > > the controls as his knowledge increases.
    > >
    > > http://apps.corel.com/ms/psppxi/3154/us/index.html#

    > Wow; you really do like psp, and you put your spam where your mouth is,
    > too.
    >
    > --
    > lsmft

    PSP has (had?) one attribute over Photoshop; It wasn't just another
    massive Windows program that required too many steps to achieve a
    result. PS is living on borrowed time because of it's bloat and
    unfriendliness. It is powerful, but something that allows people to
    perform tasks much faster is bound to appear.

    Rich, Sep 15, 2006
  10. Re: Paint Shop Pro XI Feature Movie

    Rich wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >> jeremy wrote:
    >>> This movie was produced to appeal to the relatively unsophisticated user.
    >>> The feature that I find most appealing about PSP is that one can begin
    >>> getting good results with no experience at all, and can then begin taking
    >>> the controls as his knowledge increases.
    >>>
    >>> http://apps.corel.com/ms/psppxi/3154/us/index.html#

    >> Wow; you really do like psp, and you put your spam where your mouth is,
    >> too.

    > PSP has (had?) one attribute over Photoshop; It wasn't just another
    > massive Windows program that required too many steps to achieve a
    > result. PS is living on borrowed time because of it's bloat and
    > unfriendliness. It is powerful, but something that allows people to
    > perform tasks much faster is bound to appear.

    Lightroom and Aperture both fill that bill. While bloat is in the eye of
    the beholder, PS isn't unfriendly to most folks who use it and who are
    willing to learn how to use it. There is a definite curve, tho.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Sep 15, 2006
  11. jeremy

    Rich Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Rich wrote:
    > > John McWilliams wrote:

    > >> Wow; you really do like psp, and you put your spam where your mouth is,
    > >> too.

    > > PSP has (had?) one attribute over Photoshop; It wasn't just another
    > > massive Windows program that required too many steps to achieve a
    > > result. PS is living on borrowed time because of it's bloat and
    > > unfriendliness. It is powerful, but something that allows people to
    > > perform tasks much faster is bound to appear.
    > >

    > Lightroom and Aperture both fill that bill. While bloat is in the eye of
    > the beholder, PS isn't unfriendly to most folks who use it and who are
    > willing to learn how to use it. There is a definite curve, tho.

    Oh it's worth learning, for it's power, but the average person would be
    better served with something much less complex and comprehensive and
    IMO, PSP is better than Elements.

    Rich, Sep 15, 2006
  12. jeremy

    jeremy Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >> Rich wrote:

    >> > PSP has (had?) one attribute over Photoshop; It wasn't just another
    >> > massive Windows program that required too many steps to achieve a
    >> > result. PS is living on borrowed time because of it's bloat and
    >> > unfriendliness. It is powerful, but something that allows people to
    >> > perform tasks much faster is bound to appear.
    >> >

    >> Lightroom and Aperture both fill that bill. While bloat is in the eye of
    >> the beholder, PS isn't unfriendly to most folks who use it and who are
    >> willing to learn how to use it. There is a definite curve, tho.

    > Oh it's worth learning, for it's power, but the average person would be
    > better served with something much less complex and comprehensive and
    > IMO, PSP is better than Elements.

    I'd be interested in getting a list of features in PS that are not available
    in PSP. PSP has more than the majority of users will ever need. Why pay
    five times the price if the margin of superiority (if there is one at all)
    is so small?

    jeremy, Sep 15, 2006
  13. jeremy

    Helen Guest