    it didnt find any infected files. Could there be some safety on the Fujitsu
    that prevents installing third party software?

    thnx

    Kaisha, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Kaisha

    The Dude Guest

    Kaisha wrote:

    > hi there
    >
    > a friend bought a Fujitsu Siemens Amilio laptop, it came with Win XP home
    > installed. When I tried to install free AVG antivirus for her it wouldnt
    > install. Tried install in safe mode, that worked but AVG wont open. I was
    > thinking of some virus, did online av scan from Trendmicro ('housecall') but
    > it didnt find any infected files. Could there be some safety on the Fujitsu
    > that prevents installing third party software?

    If there is AV software already installed this may be preventing AVG
    from installing,usually AVG will give you a message to this effect when
    attempting install.
    Is there any other AV software installed on the laptop??

    The Dude, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Kaisha

    Kaisha Guest

    "The Dude" <> wrote

    > Kaisha wrote:
    >
    > > hi there
    > >
    > > a friend bought a Fujitsu Siemens Amilio laptop, it came with Win XP

    home
    > > installed. When I tried to install free AVG antivirus for her it wouldnt
    > > install. Tried install in safe mode, that worked but AVG wont open. I

    was
    > > thinking of some virus, did online av scan from Trendmicro ('housecall')

    but
    > > it didnt find any infected files. Could there be some safety on the

    Fujitsu
    > > that prevents installing third party software?

    > If there is AV software already installed this may be preventing AVG
    > from installing,usually AVG will give you a message to this effect when
    > attempting install.
    > Is there any other AV software installed on the laptop??

    It had Norman AV but just the setup file. I installed it after AVG didnt
    work (of course after uninstalling AVG), but the Norman is a trail version
    and I couldnt update any antivirus information...

    Kaisha, Jul 2, 2004