Fujitsu FDX-840 information wanted (vs the Cisco ATA 186)

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Sunil Sood, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. Sunil Sood

    Sunil Sood Guest

    Does anyone have any experience of or information on the Fujitsu FDX-840?

    The BT Broadband Voice web site (http://www.bt.com/broadbandvoice/) is
    showing that BT are now shipping this instead of (or as well as) the Cisco
    ATA 186...

    However, I can't find any information on the Fujitsu FDX-840 - does anyone
    have anything? (specs, manual.. anything?)

    How does it compare to the Cisco ATA 186?

    The BT Broadband Voice service uses MPCG not SIP

    Does anyone know if it possible to flash the firmware of the FDX-840 to
    using SIP and back again (like you can with the Cisco 186)?

    All help welcome..

    Regards
    Sunil

    Sunil Sood, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Hi Sunil,

    Yeah I have it and was using it however, I'm having a real hard time setting
    up the firewall...

    Pictured here : http://digital-stuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fdx.jpg

    All I want is to know how to open webaccess for one system then I can do the
    rest. Do you have any ideas about this as the docs I have are very limited.

    Marty Fae Fife, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Sunil Sood

    Sunil Sood Guest

    "Marty Fae Fife" <> wrote in
    message news:yg5Cc.357$
    >> Does anyone have any experience of or information on the Fujitsu
    >> FDX-840?

    > Yeah I have it and was using it however, I'm having a real hard time
    > setting up the firewall...
    >
    > Pictured here : http://digital-stuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fdx.jpg
    >
    > All I want is to know how to open webaccess for one system then I can
    > do the rest. Do you have any ideas about this as the docs I have are
    > very limited.

    I'm afraid not - I was thinking of signing up BT Broadband Voice and noticed
    they were now shipping the Fujitsu FDX-840 rather than the Cisco ATA 186 -
    hence wanted some more information about it before I went ahead.

    I have received a reply from Fujitsu which says:

    ----
    The FDX 840 is sold to BT through their Broadband Voice service and is
    specifically geared for that use.

    It is only available in this way currently.
    -----

    The also included a 2 page datasheet whch I can e-mail you - containing its
    specs if you would like.

    Regards
    Sunil

    Sunil Sood, Jun 23, 2004
  4. Hi again Sunil, sorry it took so long for a reply. I got the FDX-840 working
    in the end so no need for the datasheet. Thanks anyways.

    Marty Fae Fife, Jun 29, 2004