    (sorry article in German only - try using a web translation service)
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, May 3, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    (Alfred Molon) wrote:

    > Well, can you believe it, now Fujifilm is sueing these importers !

    It's only fair that we Europeans should pay more to subsidise the price
    for folk in the USA. They have to save all their money for healthcare and
    SUVs ;-)

    Andrew McP

    Andrew MacPherson, May 3, 2004

  3. Alfred Molon

    Charlie Self Guest

    Andrew MacPherson states:

    >In article <>,
    > (Alfred Molon) wrote:
    >
    >> Well, can you believe it, now Fujifilm is sueing these importers !

    >It's only fair that we Europeans should pay more to subsidise the price
    >for folk in the USA. They have to save all their money for healthcare and
    >SUVs ;-)

    Fair enough, I guess. Yurpeans are getting medicines at about half what they
    cost in the U.S.

    I can buy Vioxx from NZ (talk about distance!) for about a third what it costs
    in the U.S. And that includes free shipping.

    Charlie Self
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Disraeli as
    quoted by Mark Twain

    Charlie Self, May 3, 2004
  4. otforme (Charlie Self) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Andrew MacPherson states:
    >

    > >In article <>,
    > > (Alfred Molon) wrote:
    > >
    > >> Well, can you believe it, now Fujifilm is sueing these importers !

    > >It's only fair that we Europeans should pay more to subsidise the price
    > >for folk in the USA. They have to save all their money for healthcare and
    > >SUVs ;-)

    > Fair enough, I guess. Yurpeans are getting medicines at about half what they
    > cost in the U.S.
    >
    > I can buy Vioxx from NZ (talk about distance!) for about a third what it costs
    > in the U.S. And that includes free shipping.
    >
    > Charlie Self
    > "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Disraeli as
    > quoted by Mark Twain

    Most drug research is paid for by US customers, and this includes
    research by European drug companies. European price controls are too
    strict to support research.

    -T

    Tripurari Singh, May 3, 2004
  5. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Alfred Molon, May 3, 2004
  6. Alfred Molon

    Paul Guest

    > Andrew MacPherson states:
    >

    > >In article <>,
    > > (Alfred Molon) wrote:
    > >
    > >> Well, can you believe it, now Fujifilm is sueing these importers !

    > >It's only fair that we Europeans should pay more to subsidise the price
    > >for folk in the USA. They have to save all their money for healthcare and
    > >SUVs ;-)

    > Fair enough, I guess. Yurpeans are getting medicines at about half what

    they
    > cost in the U.S.
    >
    > I can buy Vioxx from NZ (talk about distance!) for about a third what it

    costs
    > in the U.S. And that includes free shipping.
    >
    > Charlie Self

    I know Europe is rapidly expanding but NZ. I think it will be a few more
    years before NZ decides they are desperate enough to join Europe.

    Paul

    Paul, May 3, 2004
  7. otforme (Charlie Self) wrote in

    > Fair enough, I guess. Yurpeans are getting medicines at about half
    > what they cost in the U.S.
    >
    > I can buy Vioxx from NZ (talk about distance!) for about a third
    > what it costs in the U.S. And that includes free shipping.

    Hey, buy it from Canada and it is even cheaper....some of the nicest
    states recommend it.

    Mike Latondresse, May 4, 2004
  8. Alfred Molon

    Charlie Self Guest

    Mike Latondresse responds:

    >> I can buy Vioxx from NZ (talk about distance!) for about a third
    >> what it costs in the U.S. And that includes free shipping.

    >Hey, buy it from Canada and it is even cheaper....some of the nicest
    >states recommend it.

    Nope, it isn't. Vioxx in Canada costs something like 50% of US prices. It's
    about 1/3 in NZ--but the blinking exchange rates are killing that now.

    Charlie Self
    "An unfulfilled vocation drains the color from a man's entire existence."
    Honore de Balzac

    Charlie Self, May 4, 2004