    DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com
    UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography
    hardware, software and services.
    Ian Burley, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Ian Burley

    Ian Burley Guest

    I'm definitely considering a change of deoderant lol!

    Surely these new Fujis are bread and butter discussion material for
    rec.photo.digital? But my post is, as far as I can see, the only one on the
    subject today...

    Very curious, or has Fuji got it wrong?

    Ian

    --

    "Ian Burley" <> wrote in message
    > Fujifilm's 4th-generation SuperCCD HR technology in a 6/12MP prosumer

    model

    Ian Burley, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Ian Burley

    Guest

    Fuji should delay the release of the S7000 and install the SR CCD.
    Very disappointed. I won't buy an HR camera.
    Gene http://www.photoprojects.net/fujif700.html

    Ian Burley wrote:

    > Fujifilm's 4th-generation SuperCCD HR technology in a 6/12MP prosumer model
    > and an all-new 3/6MP budget priced SLR-style model, with 10x optical zoom,
    > plus a new entry-level 2MP model.
    >
    > For the news story, full press releases and specifications and a place to
    > discuss this news:
    >
    > http://dp-now.com/archives/000182.html
    >
    > Ian
    >
    > --
    >
    > DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com
    > UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography
    > hardware, software and services.
    , Jul 29, 2003
  4. Ian Burley

    Ian Burley Guest

    Re: And what's wrong with the HR SuperCCD anyway?

    The F700 SR-equipped model was announced about 6 months ago, but where is
    it?

    Ian Burley, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Ian Burley

    ajacobs2 Guest

    "Ian Burley" <> wrote in message
    > The F700 SR-equipped model was announced about 6 months ago, but where is
    > it?

    Ther are rumors floating around (from other dealers during some dealer to
    dealer chit-chat) that the 700 was built to retail at almost cost thus they
    are holding back looking for the yen to change and make it profitable.
    Seems like the longer you hold on , the more you lose, so we didn't put much
    credence in the theory. So far none of the dozen ordered have a shipper. We
    sold Fuji and never got one back. I did a Golf tournament with one.Can't say
    enough good things about them.
    ajacobs2, Jul 30, 2003
  6. Ian Burley

    Bryan Olson Guest

    Ian Burley wrote:
    > Surely these new Fujis are bread and butter discussion material for
    > rec.photo.digital? But my post is, as far as I can see, the only one

    on the
    > subject today...

    O.K. -- I'll bite. I looked at Fuji's samples from the S5000.

    http://www.finepix.com/lineup/s5000/sample.html

    Viewed full-size, I think they suck.

    > Very curious, or has Fuji got it wrong?

    Well, they got something wrong, even if only the decision to put
    up those particular photos.

    I have high hopes for the SR version with extended dynamic
    range; hope it sees production soon.

    --
    --Bryan
    Bryan Olson, Jul 30, 2003
  7. Ian Burley

    Abrasha Guest

    Bryan Olson wrote:

    > Ian Burley wrote:
    > > Surely these new Fujis are bread and butter discussion material for
    > > rec.photo.digital? But my post is, as far as I can see, the only one

    > on the
    > > subject today...

    > O.K. -- I'll bite. I looked at Fuji's samples from the S5000.
    >
    > http://www.finepix.com/lineup/s5000/sample.html
    >
    > Viewed full-size, I think they suck.
    >
    > > Very curious, or has Fuji got it wrong?

    > Well, they got something wrong, even if only the decision to put
    > up those particular photos.
    >
    > I have high hopes for the SR version with extended dynamic
    > range; hope it sees production soon.
    >
    > --
    > --Bryan

    Those photos are terrible indeed. They are so full fo JPEG artifacts it is not
    even funny. If this is really what that new camera produces, they are in for a
    rough ride.

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com
    Abrasha, Jul 30, 2003