    Thanks
    John

    , Apr 11, 2004

  2. Cool Hand Guest

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:57:02 GMT, wrote:

    =>I'm looking for good, all around disgital camera. Is this a
    =>point-and-shoot, as well as a fully manual-controllable camera? How

    Yes

    =>many shots can you get with the batteries? I recently sold my Kodak

    100+ w/o flash.

    =>DC4800, and I now want to step up, but I also want my wife to be able
    =>to use it without making a lot of manual changes to get a great
    =>picture. My budget is in the $450 - $600 range. Any recommendations?
    =>

    It comes with 16MB xD flash ONLY.

    =>We mainly use it for vacation photos.
    =>
    =>Thanks
    =>John

    You will also need money for Nimh AA, Charger, bigger CF, Xd or microdrive.

    You can hang s7000 around your neck or shoulder, but some may prefer a camera
    bag.

    S7000 is a good camera for ether experienced users or point and shoot.

    Some other usage,

    No copy machine around -> pop the flash up and shoot it with s7000.

    Doesn't bring digital camcorder -> shoot 640x480 30fps movie with s7000.
    (2.2GB microdrive is pretty handy here).

    Recording conversion as evidence -> turn 320x240 movie mode on.

    Cool Hand, Apr 11, 2004