FujiFilm FinePix 2600Z Black Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by g0nk, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. g0nk

    g0nk Guest

    Greetings, I am hoping to fine an answer to this problem, Fuji's tech
    support site doesnt have anything on this. A friend of mine has a 2600Zoom
    Fuji Camera. and it seems as though the LCD screen is black when you try to
    turn it on. I can see some of the icons that should be on the screen, but
    not the live image of what you are pointing at. No problem i think, and
    take a pic thinking that the batteries might be low, so it's not displaying
    the live image. But then the image saved is pure black also.

    It's almost like the lens cap is on, when it isnt. I have replaced the
    batteries with fresh brand new batteries, and there is no diffrence.

    I only got it to work for about 1 minute in the middle of fiddleing with it
    to take one test shot that worked in a period of about an hour of testing.

    I'm thinking that it's possible that the electronic controls for the
    shutter are locked close for some reason. But i'm not sure, I am hoping
    someone might be familiar with this problem and can offer some advice.
    Thanks!

    g0nk, Nov 6, 2003