    prefer the convenience a single 28-300mm lens will give.
    Many thanks
    Paul
    Paul Warman, Nov 19, 2006

  2. Paul Warman

    MichaelM Guest

    "Paul Warman" <> wrote in message
    news:45600f32$...
    > Does anyone have any first hand experience of the Fuji s9600 digital

    camera.
    > My current model is the Fuji s602 which has served me well. My usage is
    > purely for family shooting with indoor and outdoor in equal proportion.
    > I'm steering away from SLR cameras primarily because of cost but I also
    > prefer the convenience a single 28-300mm lens will give.
    > Many thanks
    > Paul

    I have a S9500. I also have a Canon 400D with lenses covering 18-300mm. I
    can tell you that my S9500 is a remarkably good camera especially for
    outdoor photography. I take it out in preference to the 400D whenever I am
    not needing the extra zoom with 300mm lens for 400D, or for continuous
    shooting (S9500 is virtually single shot camera to be honest). What I do
    like about the S9500 is the massive depth of view and its ability to do
    landscapes with a bit of zoom for when you need it. Image quality is superb
    IMHO ~ clear crisp photos with virtually everyting in focus. To be brutally
    honest, the S9500 is very close to DSLR in image quality for outdoors /
    landscapes sort of stuff. The continuous burst is very poor with this
    camera though, and for this, then I use DSLR. Depends what you are after I
    suppose.
    MichaelM, Nov 19, 2006

  3. Paul Warman

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "MichaelM" <> wrote:

    > "Paul Warman" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone have any first hand experience of the Fuji s9600 digital

    > camera.
    > > My current model is the Fuji s602 which has served me well. My usage is
    > > purely for family shooting with indoor and outdoor in equal proportion.
    > > I'm steering away from SLR cameras primarily because of cost but I also
    > > prefer the convenience a single 28-300mm lens will give.
    > > Many thanks
    > > Paul
    > >

    > I have a S9500. I also have a Canon 400D with lenses covering 18-300mm. I
    > can tell you that my S9500 is a remarkably good camera especially for
    > outdoor photography. I take it out in preference to the 400D whenever I am
    > not needing the extra zoom with 300mm lens for 400D, or for continuous
    > shooting (S9500 is virtually single shot camera to be honest). What I do
    > like about the S9500 is the massive depth of view and its ability to do
    > landscapes with a bit of zoom for when you need it. Image quality is superb
    > IMHO ~ clear crisp photos with virtually everyting in focus. To be brutally
    > honest, the S9500 is very close to DSLR in image quality for outdoors /
    > landscapes sort of stuff. The continuous burst is very poor with this
    > camera though, and for this, then I use DSLR. Depends what you are after I
    > suppose.

    Hmmm. Sounds like I'll be taking that too when my S7000 starts wearing
    out.
    Stewy, Nov 19, 2006