Fuji S9000/S9500

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Humpty Dumpster, Sep 20, 2005.

  1. Anyone got one? What do you think?

    Andrew Milne
    Humpty Dumpster, Sep 20, 2005

  2. Humpty Dumpster

    Guest

    I've one for a few days. I like it. For what it does it's more than
    satisfactory

    I posted some samples here

    http://www.pbase.com/gearoidmuar/fuji_s9500s9000_test

    The lens is excellent. There's a little softness at wideangle at the
    extreme margins, but you would have to look for it. There's a little
    purple fringing here as well.
    I've printed shots to A3 and they are really good. You can download the
    originals from this site and print them if you like.
    The shots of Lizzie Lee, my daughter are at 400 iso.
    1600 is VERY noisy and would only use if extremely stuck. 800 is fine.
    What I love is that the viewfinder shows you the exposure BEFORE you
    shoot. The S602 didn't.

    If you want a scenery holiday camera this is the business. If you want
    a camera for fast action or sports, it isn't as it can only shoot about
    1.5 frames/sec.
    It has a huge lens range and is light and totally portable. Uses AA
    batteries. I'm using NIMH and getting 200+ per set, using Compactflash.
    I also have an xD card and these give more I believe.
    , Sep 21, 2005

  3. Humpty Dumpster

    Rich Guest

    On 20 Sep 2005 23:25:38 -0700, wrote:

    >I've one for a few days. I like it. For what it does it's more than
    >satisfactory
    >
    >I posted some samples here
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/gearoidmuar/fuji_s9500s9000_test

    Pity you have to go down to 100ISO to find out that wall behind the
    bottle isn't dappled!
    -Rich
    Rich, Sep 22, 2005