    Well, is this effect possible with the fuji s9000? Can you manually zoom
    while taking a photo on the s9000?

    Thanks for any help.

    Matalog, Nov 1, 2005

  2. "Matalog" <> wrote in message
    news:h%H9f.16673$...
    > Did any of you ever see the type of effect created by using a slow shutter
    > speed and manually zooming while taking the shot? It looks blurred, but
    > all
    > towards the centre and it's a good effect?
    >
    > Well, is this effect possible with the fuji s9000? Can you manually zoom
    > while taking a photo on the s9000?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    I bought a Fuji FinePix S9000.

    The zooming in S9000 is by turning the barrel. With a slow shutter you may
    come out with a blurry picture because of the shaking while you are turning
    the barrel of the lens.

    Best Regards,

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    But can you actually take a picture while turning the zoom ring? Please try
    a 2 sec exposure and turn the zoom ring during the exposure. Let me know.

    Thanks.

    Matalog, Nov 11, 2005
  4. "Matalog" <> wrote in message
    > But can you actually take a picture while turning the zoom ring? Please
    > try
    > a 2 sec exposure and turn the zoom ring during the exposure. Let me know.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I just tried. It can take the picture while I was turning the barrel. It is
    really like what you said, clear in the center but blurry outside, like you
    are flying at high speed toward your target and everything is passing
    quickly around you.

    All I did was to set 2 sec in Shutter Priority Mode, and Manual Focus Mode.

    Best Regards,

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Nov 11, 2005
  5. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    Brilliant, good to know. I just can't wait for mine to come!

    Matalog, Nov 11, 2005