    Comments please.

    Regards
    Paul

    Paul., Oct 4, 2004

  2. > Would be buying the Fuji S7000 be a stonking good buy at £299 or
    > would I be buying a pig in a poke?
    >
    > Comments please.

    Fuji is a tough one- they release improved models very frequently, perhaps
    more than the average marque. The first review I saw of the S602 slated it,
    and nothing i've seen suggests to me that the S7000 is enough of an
    improvement. The lens might be a limiting factor- big distortions at the
    extremes of the zoom, not sharp enough (for me, anyway).

    Of course, there are a few other 6mp models at about the same price, and
    frankly for the money you likely won't get a (new) digital camera with
    better quality.

    no, and yes...."

    Martin Francis, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Paul.

    Dr Gonzo Guest

    Hiya Paul

    I brought one yesterday to replace my Missing in action G5 (dropped it into
    the Solent), as not only was the price dam attractive but you get a lot of
    camera for £300. The only thing which i would suggest is get some
    rechargeable batteries (Ordered 4x 2300mha and charger for £18 inc postage
    from ebay), and use compact flash cards opposed to XD cards as CF cards are
    considerably cheaper.

    The movie mode is better than most cameras in this price range, and in fact
    better than my old G5. I could bark on about how good the macro mode is and
    other redeeming features, but at the end of the day there are better cameras
    out there but not in the sub £300 range.

    Have a look at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms7000/

    Your getting a lot of camera for £300..

    --
    Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?

    Dr Gonzo, Oct 4, 2004
  4. On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:21:19 GMT, "Dr Gonzo"
    <antstevensn"nospamorelse"@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >I brought one yesterday to replace my Missing in action G5 (dropped it into
    >the Solent)...

    Whereabouts - I'll keep lookout ;-)

    --
    Pete Lawrence