    the adaptor, you can get to 28mm. Second, the shorter range would indicate
    probablt better performance.

    Anyone know when they're hitting the shelves?

    Paul, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Paul

    ajacobs2 Guest

    Mine was released this week......Only getting three this shipment

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > Looks good! I just bought an S5000, but will probably end up exchanging

    it for
    > a 7000, assuming the latter hits the shelves soon enough. I do like my

    5000,
    > but this one has a 35-210 lens (as opposed to 37-370), a hot shoe, and 6
    > effective mp. Concerning the lens: First, the 35mm wide end means that

    with

    ajacobs2, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Paul

    Bill Guest

    I have the S602, which the S7000 is replacing. They look almost identical. I
    think the S7000 is far better than the S5000.........and worth extra cost.
    The 6MP CCD alone is worth it. Mine is 3,2 MP and even though it can produce
    a 6MP file by interpolation (as the S7000 will do a 12MP file)......I seldom
    find it necessary to use it. Fuji inage quality is so good, and the color
    reproduciton so accurate, that 3MP is very good...... I think you'll find
    the S7000 to be a grat camera!
    The only thing I would want is a distance indicator when in manual focus
    mode. I was at Carlsbad Caverns a few months ago, and trying to manual focus
    in near-darkness was very difficult.
    Bill

    Bill, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Bill:

    Thanks for the reply. Glad you think Fuji's quality is good - one would wonder
    about that having read some of the reviews.

    Yes I definitely think it would be worth it to have a 7000, and hope they are
    released soon enough I can trade up from my 5000 without having to play games
    with the dealer.

    Any benefit to the larger interpolated files other than the ability to make
    larger prints?

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 8, 2003
  5. Paul

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bill wrote:

    > I have the S602, which the S7000 is replacing. They look almost identical. I
    > think the S7000 is far better than the S5000.........and worth extra cost.
    > The 6MP CCD alone is worth it. Mine is 3,2 MP and even though it can produce
    > a 6MP file by interpolation (as the S7000 will do a 12MP file)......I seldom
    > find it necessary to use it. Fuji inage quality is so good, and the color
    > reproduciton so accurate, that 3MP is very good...... I think you'll find
    > the S7000 to be a grat camera!
    > The only thing I would want is a distance indicator when in manual focus
    > mode. I was at Carlsbad Caverns a few months ago, and trying to manual focus
    > in near-darkness was very difficult.
    > Bill

    Autofocus in such conditions is even more difficult. Not exactly ideal
    conditions for taking pictures.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 8, 2003