    would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much interest. What
    am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens seems a little slow.
    What do you all think?
    MBlaster, Aug 1, 2003

  2. MBlaster

    Guest

    Looks like a marvelous camera to me. If it had the super CCD SR sensor
    I wouldn't be able to resist it. F2.8-3.1 is fast enough for me.
    Gene http://www.photoprojects.net/fujif700.html

    MBlaster wrote:

    > With the announcement of the 6MP prosumer camera from Fuji, I though this
    > would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much interest. What
    > am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens seems a little slow.
    > What do you all think?
    , Aug 1, 2003

  3. MBlaster

    David Oddie Guest

    On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 05:37:13 -0700, "MBlaster"
    <> wrote:

    >With the announcement of the 6MP prosumer camera from Fuji, I though this
    >would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much interest. What
    >am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens seems a little slow.
    >What do you all think?

    Perhaps its because its just a 602 with a 6mp sensor? That is all
    Fuji have done, put a better CCD in an existing body behind the same
    lens system. (E.g. like Canon put a 5mp sensor in the G3 body/lens
    system to make the G5).

    It's evolutionary not revolutionary. I think people are only going to
    get excited if there is more to new models than just extra
    mega-pixels. For example if they had put a new lens on it that went
    wider than 35mm that might make a few people sit up and take note -
    like me :)

    In fact I think it loses out to the 602 in some respects as the larger
    files from the higher res CCD have slowed it down on bust mode type
    shooting.

    Dave

    --
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a
    warning to others.

    Remove the uppercase N O S P A M to reply via email.
    David Oddie, Aug 1, 2003
  4. MBlaster

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "MBlaster" <> wrote in

    > With the announcement of the 6MP prosumer camera from Fuji, I though
    > this would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much
    > interest. What am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens
    > seems a little slow. What do you all think?

    Pretty much a S602 with a 6MP sensor and faster continuous drive. Even the
    body looks the same.

    A little boring if you ask me.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 1, 2003
  5. MBlaster

    Ian Burley Guest

    It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.

    dp-now.com story is at:

    http://dp-now.com/archives/000182.html

    Ian

    --
    Digital Photography Now
    UK-based digital photo Web magazine

    Ian Burley, Aug 1, 2003
  6. MBlaster

    MBlaster Guest

    Thanks to all for the replies. I sat up as I am still in the hunt mode for
    a new camera. This looked like a possible candidate.

    MBlaster, Aug 1, 2003
  7. MBlaster

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Ian Burley" <> wrote in news:1059762726.611871
    @ananke.eclipse.net.uk:

    > It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.

    But, still no AF assist lamp. Not TTL Flash support. No PC Sync socket
    either.

    It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 3, 2003
  8. MBlaster

    Ian Burley Guest

    I thought even the S602 had an AF assist system built into the window at the
    front of the flash housing? No TTL is a shame but of course you can get a
    hot shoe adapter for attaching secondary flash.

    Ian

    --

    DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com
    UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography

    Ian Burley, Aug 3, 2003
  9. MBlaster

    someone Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 14:39:11 GMT, Lucas Tam <> posted:

    >"Ian Burley" <> wrote in news:1059762726.611871
    >@ananke.eclipse.net.uk:
    >
    >> It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.
    >>

    >But, still no AF assist lamp. Not TTL Flash support. No PC Sync ocket
    >either.
    >
    >It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (

    are you upgrading then Lucas? my main beef with my s602z is the lack of af
    assist lamp, which makes focusing in low-light nigh impossible. is it worth
    it to sell the s602z for the s7k or just to jump on the dslr bandwagon
    instead.
    someone, Aug 4, 2003
  10. MBlaster

    David Oddie Guest

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:27:26 GMT, "Mike" <>
    wrote:

    >Isnt it the new HR (high resolution) ccd ?

    Its just a higher resolution CCD it is not the SR CCD with the
    extended dynamic range.

    Like I said its basically a 602 with more pixels and I think it takes
    more than the addition of pixels to get people excited these days.

    Dave

    David Oddie, Aug 4, 2003
  11. MBlaster

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (someone) wrote in

    >>It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (

    > are you upgrading then Lucas? my main beef with my s602z is the lack
    > of af assist lamp, which makes focusing in low-light nigh impossible.
    > is it worth it to sell the s602z for the s7k or just to jump on the
    > dslr bandwagon instead.

    I'm keeping my S602 for now... My next upgrade will be a future model of
    the Nikon 5700 (Provided it has a AF Assist Lamp, and more F-stops).
    Otherwise, ya, I think I'll be jumping on the dSLR bandwagon - which means
    I need to save up a massive amount of cash!

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 4, 2003
  12. MBlaster

    takeapic Guest

    want to sell some images?
    Go to www.takeapic.com and sell your own images in a photostock site for
    hobbyphotographers...
    Upload, edit and name your own files.

    Regards,
    Leonard
    takeapic.com

    takeapic, Aug 5, 2003
  13. MBlaster

    RDKirk Guest

    In article <Xns93CE4ACE6AAB0nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>,
    says...

    > "Ian Burley" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I thought even the S602 had an AF assist system built into the window
    > > at the front of the flash housing? No TTL is a shame but of course you
    > > can get a hot shoe adapter for attaching secondary flash.

    > I think it's an IR range finder system, but it doesn't seem to work in low
    > light : (

    No, it's not IR. It speeds focusing in the normal light range. You can
    put your finger in front of it and let the TTL focusing operate on its
    own and see the difference.

    --
    RDKirk

    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves
    up
    and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill
    RDKirk, Aug 9, 2003
  14. MBlaster

    RDKirk Guest

    In article <Xns93CC6C5D9F40Fnntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>,
    says...
    > "Ian Burley" <> wrote in news:1059762726.611871
    > @ananke.eclipse.net.uk:
    >
    > > It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.
    > >

    > But, still no AF assist lamp. Not TTL Flash support. No PC Sync socket
    > either.
    >
    > It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (

    I haven't seen a good enough photo to confirm the lack of a PC socket.
    The S602z Pro has one...I'd hate to think they went backward.

    But otherwise, I agree with you. My examination of the results of other
    prosumer 6mp cameras suggests that it doesn't warrant an upgrade from an
    S602z.

    In fact, I don't see any prosumer doing that any time soon. I'm saving
    for a dlsr, but I'm waitiing for a full framer to get affordable.

    RDKirk, Aug 9, 2003