    CD-rom from Fuji, but it seem that is no way for use.

    Thanks

    alwin
    alwin, Jul 1, 2006

  2. alwin

    ASAAR Guest

    On 1 Jul 2006 06:17:16 -0700, alwin wrote:

    > does anybody used this digital camera as webcamera? I try Finepix SW at
    > CD-rom from Fuji, but it seem that is no way for use.

    Does the manual indicate that it can be used as a web cam? The
    smaller Fuji S5100/S5500 can be used as a web cam using a menu
    option to change from the camera's normal 'mass storage device'
    mode. The manual doesn't indicate that the CD contains any software
    for using web cam mode, but mentions, IIRC, that Win XP and one of
    its utility programs is needed. The newer S5200 doesn't seem to
    allow usage as a web cam.
    ASAAR, Jul 1, 2006

  3. alwin

    alwin Guest

    Yes, this type support camera mode, I already switched it. But I don´t
    have any controls how to distribute signal nor to PC neither to web as
    movie. And at win XP is not any tool how to do it.
    If nobody know it I´ll try to look at manual. When I come back to
    work.

    alwin, Jul 1, 2006
  4. alwin

    ASAAR Guest

    On 1 Jul 2006 09:30:24 -0700, alwin wrote:

    > Yes, this type support camera mode, I already switched it. But I don´t
    > have any controls how to distribute signal nor to PC neither to web as
    > movie. And at win XP is not any tool how to do it.
    > If nobody know it I´ll try to look at manual. When I come back to
    > work.

    I just found the S5100 manual, and this is everything that it says
    about web cam mode:

    • The WEB Camera function can only be used on Windows XP SP1.
    • Microsoft Windows Messenger 5.0 or later is required to use the
    Web Camera function. For downloading and using this software please
    refer to the below explanation for "Using Video Chat with Windows
    Messenger" (#8). Please download it from the Messenger web site.
    • Images are not output to a TV.
    • When using Video Chat with the WEB Camera function, Windows XP
    SP1 is also required for your partner's OS.

    Using Video Chat with Windows Messenger
    Connecting Camera to a PC
    (1) Plug the AC power adapter connector into the "DC IN 5V" socket
    on the camera and then plug adapter into the power outlet.
    (2) Turn the power switch to turn the camera on.
    (3) Select "WEB" in "USB MODE" in the SETUP MENU.
    (4) Turn the camera off.
    (5) Turn your PC on.
    (6) Use the USB cable to connect the camera to your PC.
    (7) Turn the power switch to turn the camera on.
    (8) Using Video Chat with Windows Messenger, refer to "How to use
    FinePixViewer" in the Help Menu which was installed from the CD ROM.

    Make sure that the USB cable (mini-B) is connected correctly and
    pushed in.
    • "WEB CAMERA" appears on the screen.
    The screen darkens when the WEB Camera is used.
    • Power save and Auto power off are disabled during USB connection.

    Disconnecting the Camera
    (1) Quit all applications (FinePixViewer etc.) that are using the
    camera.
    (2) Turn the camera off.
    (3) Unplug the USB cable from the camera.

    /fin/
    ASAAR, Jul 1, 2006
  5. alwin

    enosdan

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    I just managed to use the S7000 as a webcam with these drivers:
    http://www.fujifilm.it/aree/supporto/driver/download/usb_driver_finepix/default.asp

    Of course first you must first set the appropriate setting in the camera configuration panel.
    (I understand this is an old post, but others may land here looking for a solution as I did)
    enosdan, Feb 10, 2012
  6. alwin

    froyd

    Joined:
    May 7, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    hey enosdan, I fail in getting my S7000 to work :/
    Would you mind telling me what system you are on and which of these driver you used exactly?

    I´m running win7 64bit and I have not much hope that I can convice this old piece of hardware to run :(
    I hope you have some good news..

    frd
    froyd, May 7, 2012
  7. alwin

    enosdan

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Sorry but I won't be able to help you. My guess is that win7/64 is not supported. You may try a VM with XP on it.
    enosdan, May 8, 2012
  8. alwin

    froyd

    Joined:
    May 7, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    alright, that what I thought... thx for your reply.

    frd
    froyd, May 8, 2012