Fuji S7000 and Compact Flash Cards

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jim Spen, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Jim Spen

    Jim Spen Guest

    I have read some reviews that state the Fuji S7000 will take
    Compact Flash I and II yet Fuji's website says only MicroDrive (TypeII)

    I know at one point there was a power drain issue, is that why they changed
    their card types?

    I was thinking about getting a Sansdisk 256 MB Ultra II Compact
    flash card, any users using this card with it successfully???
    Had an Olympus C750 and don't care for xd cards if I can avoid them.
    Please let me know, and thanks!
     
    Jim Spen, Mar 2, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Jim Spen

    Cool Hand Guest

    Check Fuji's official statement.
    <http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/ServiceSupportProductContent.jsp?dbid=687419&prodcat=616757&sscucatid=664277>

    Check Steve's review
    <http://steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/S7000_pg2.html>
    He tested some working CF cards.

    Read owner's opinion
    <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=fuji_finepixs7000>


    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:37:35 GMT, "Jim Spen" <jspen_00@nospam_yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    =>I have read some reviews that state the Fuji S7000 will take
    =>Compact Flash I and II yet Fuji's website says only MicroDrive (TypeII)
    =>
    =>I know at one point there was a power drain issue, is that why they changed
    =>their card types?
    =>
    =>I was thinking about getting a Sansdisk 256 MB Ultra II Compact
    =>flash card, any users using this card with it successfully???
    =>Had an Olympus C750 and don't care for xd cards if I can avoid them.
    =>Please let me know, and thanks!
    =>

    ---
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rachel1689/
     
    Cool Hand, Mar 3, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Jim Spen

    Jim Spen Guest

    "Cool Hand" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > Check Fuji's official statement.
    >

    <http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/ServiceSupportProductContent.jsp
    ?dbid=687419&prodcat=616757&sscucatid=664277>
    >
    > Check Steve's review
    > <http://steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/S7000_pg2.html>
    > He tested some working CF cards.
    >
    > Read owner's opinion
    >

    <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=fuji_finepixs7000
    >


    Thank you for the above links, I have been there and also done a google
    search for Fuji 7000
    and Compact flash and that has also been helpful. Just thought some owners
    might have some
    additional experience with CF cards. I can order a Sandisk ULTRA II card
    with a rebate cheaply
    and would like to know if anyone has tested this with the S7000 as Steve's
    review was not specific about
    which Sandisk cards caused the power drain. Anyone using or test the
    Sandisk ULTRA II in the Fuji S7000???
     
    Jim Spen, Mar 3, 2004
    #3
  4. Hi Jim,

    I've been using 128 and 256 MB Compact Flash (Type I) cards with my Fuji S7000
    with no trouble. Camera uses xD, Micro-drive, and CF.

    Really like the full card use for movies (640x480) with camera.

    Best,

    Conrad

    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon
     
    Conrad Weiler, Mar 3, 2004
    #4
  5. Jim Spen

    Jim Spen Guest

    "Conrad Weiler" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Jim,
    >
    > I've been using 128 and 256 MB Compact Flash (Type I) cards with my Fuji

    S7000
    > with no trouble. Camera uses xD, Micro-drive, and CF.
    >
    > Really like the full card use for movies (640x480) with camera.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Conrad
    >
    > Conrad Weiler
    > Camp Sherman, Oregon


    What Brand of cards are you using? High Speed or regular?
    Thanks! Jim
     
    Jim Spen, Mar 3, 2004
    #5
  6. Jim Spen

    stande Guest

    Jim Spen wrote:

    > Just thought some owners
    > might have some
    > additional experience with CF cards. I can order a Sandisk ULTRA II card
    > with a rebate cheaply
    > and would like to know if anyone has tested this with the S7000 as Steve's
    > review was not specific about
    > which Sandisk cards caused the power drain. Anyone using or test the
    > Sandisk ULTRA II in the Fuji S7000???
    >
    >

    Hi,
    I am using CF type I 256MB LEXAR X4 in my Fuji S7000 and it's ok.
    regards
    Stanley(Poland)
     
    stande, Mar 3, 2004
    #6
  7. Jim Spen

    Cool Hand Guest

    Personally, I skip CF card problem and go for microdrive unless you can find
    Fry's and Walmart in your neighborhood carrying Sandisk ULTRA II card.
    They are the few stores that still have 30 days money back.

    I got Magicstor 2.2GB Microdrive for $175.00 and is in FAT16 format.
    I love 640x480 movie mode. Now I leave digital video camera at home.
    By the way, microdrive can handle all speed(movie, first/last 5...) I throw at
    it with no problem. On the other hand, the strong flash takes a while to
    recharge especially when my batteries are running low. Replace it with fresh
    charged battreries, then it is running fine.



    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:38:36 GMT, "Jim Spen" <jspen_00@nospam_yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    =>
    =>"Cool Hand" <> wrote in message
    =>news:...
    =>>
    =>> Check Fuji's official statement.
    =>>
    =><http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/ServiceSupportProductContent.jsp
    =>?dbid=687419&prodcat=616757&sscucatid=664277>
    =>>
    =>> Check Steve's review
    =>> <http://steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/S7000_pg2.html>
    =>> He tested some working CF cards.
    =>>
    =>> Read owner's opinion
    =>>
    =><http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=fuji_finepixs7000
    =>>
    =>
    =>Thank you for the above links, I have been there and also done a google
    =>search for Fuji 7000
    =>and Compact flash and that has also been helpful. Just thought some owners
    =>might have some
    =>additional experience with CF cards. I can order a Sandisk ULTRA II card
    =>with a rebate cheaply
    =>and would like to know if anyone has tested this with the S7000 as Steve's
    =>review was not specific about
    =>which Sandisk cards caused the power drain. Anyone using or test the
    =>Sandisk ULTRA II in the Fuji S7000???
    =>

    ---
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rachel1689/
     
    Cool Hand, Mar 3, 2004
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. A

    Fuji S7000 flash

    A, Apr 12, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    427
  2. Larry

    Using Flash with the Fuji S7000

    Larry, Apr 13, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    424
    Larry
    Apr 13, 2004
  3. Rick S.
    Replies:
    33
    Views:
    1,191
    Ron Hunter
    Sep 13, 2004
  4. Paul D

    Fuji S5500 v Fuji S7000

    Paul D, Jul 2, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    528
    Stewy
    Jul 5, 2005
  5. The Wop

    Fuji S7000: hot shoe and flash voltages

    The Wop, Sep 19, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    621
    Paul H.
    Sep 21, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page