    I would much rather do a batch job and adjust them all in one go,
    rather than manually tweak each one.

    CS

    camera.stuff, Apr 10, 2005

  2. camera.stuff

    Roy Guest

    "camera.stuff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Had a spot of finger trouble and managed to set the white balance to
    > "incandescent". Actual conditions were bright sunlight; consequently
    > all the pictures look a bit blue (made me feel blue too).
    >
    > Does anyone know what the difference is between "auto" and
    > "incandescent"? Is it a constant shift or does it vary from shot to
    > shot?
    >
    > I would much rather do a batch job and adjust them all in one go,
    > rather than manually tweak each one.
    >
    > CS

    I don't have the S5700, but my wife has the S5500.

    From what I can gather, in the "auto" WB setting the camera chooses which WB
    to use. If the camera is set manually to any of the specific settings, that
    setting will continue to be used until it you change it to another setting.
    Switching the camera off and back on again will NOT cause it to return to
    the default setting of Auto.

    You might have some difficulty in correcting the colour balance of your
    photos shot at the wrong setting.

    Roy G

    Roy, Apr 10, 2005