    Is there any firmware avaible?
    Some uptade (upgrading)?
    did anyone try wideangle, tele or filters for fuji s602z?
    PhAnTOmaS, Jun 6, 2004

  2. do you have a problem that you expect would be addressed in a firmware
    upgrade? otherwise, why would you bother?

    Andrew Morris, Jun 6, 2004

  3. "PhAnTOmaS" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Is there any firmware avaible?

    No, the camera's firmware is not flashable.

    > Some uptade (upgrading)?
    > did anyone try wideangle, tele or filters for fuji s602z?

    Fuji sells them.
    Georgette Preddy, Jun 6, 2004
  4. PhAnTOmaS

    Helge Olsen Guest

    "PhAnTOmaS" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any firmware avaible?

    No.

    > Some uptade (upgrading)?

    No.

    > did anyone try wideangle, tele or filters for fuji s602z?

    Yes, I believe you can use Olympus TCON/WCON as well as Fuji original ones.
    Imo the Olympus ones are at least as good optically at a lesser price. You
    need a 55mm adapter ring for both.

    /Helge
    Helge Olsen, Jun 6, 2004
  5. PhAnTOmaS

    PhAnTOmaS Guest

    thx to all

    got a question about wide:
    I was looking for a RAYNOX wide angle conversion lens, but 0,66x have
    vigneting on top corners, meanwhile on 0,5x there is not vigneting, but big
    deformation.
    Also looking for 2,2x tele (I don't know how much it cost *_+) and RAYNOX
    announce "260 lines/mm resolution power at center (MTF30%)" in other way
    with description for 1,55x appears "340 lines/mm resolution power at center
    (MTF30%)"
    Is lines/mm a REAL IMPORTANT handicap? Don't I worth about it?
    How it work OLYMPUS conversion lens with wide angle (vigneting)? did you use
    them?
    PhAnTOmaS, Jun 6, 2004
  6. PhAnTOmaS

    Helge Olsen Guest

    "PhAnTOmaS" <> wrote in message
    > thx to all
    >
    > got a question about wide:
    > I was looking for a RAYNOX wide angle conversion lens, but 0,66x have
    > vigneting on top corners, meanwhile on 0,5x there is not vigneting, but

    big
    > deformation.
    > Also looking for 2,2x tele (I don't know how much it cost *_+) and RAYNOX
    > announce "260 lines/mm resolution power at center (MTF30%)" in other way
    > with description for 1,55x appears "340 lines/mm resolution power at

    center
    > (MTF30%)"
    > Is lines/mm a REAL IMPORTANT handicap? Don't I worth about it?

    If this is significantly worse than the built in lens of your camera you
    will easily notice less detail resolution. I don't know much about your
    camera or the raynox converters you mention.

    > How it work OLYMPUS conversion lens with wide angle (vigneting)? did you

    use
    > them?

    Imo the order is Olympus > Raynox > Fuji when it comes to converters. I
    tried the Olympus and Fujis myself on a S5000. No vignetting with any of
    them when used where logical (wider part with WCON, tele past 6x with TCON).
    I can only judge raynox based on results from others. Olympus is at least
    equal in optical quality and gives you wider angle with the WCON and more
    tele with the TCON. If I was to buy the choice would be simple.

    /Helge
    Helge Olsen, Jun 6, 2004
  7. PhAnTOmaS

    Faolan Guest

    In the writings of PhAnTOmaS, the <> scrolls
    contained these prophetic words:

    > Is there any firmware avaible?
    > Some uptade (upgrading)?
    > did anyone try wideangle, tele or filters for fuji s602z?

    I use the Olympus Tcon 017 for long range work, you get vignetting when
    from half zoom or less, medium to full zoom is fine though. I find it
    rather bulky though and often when I do use it I rarely find it
    worthwhile.

    That said I have got some good shots from it... Just remember to change
    the setting for adaptor ring when you use them or you may get AF issues.
    --
    Scottish Heritage:
    http://www.CelticShadows.co.uk
    Faolan, Jun 6, 2004