    my 602, it has finally succumbed to dust. it doesn't seem to be a pixel
    problem as the position of the black spots are constant when zooming in and
    out. is there any way I can get rid of them?
    someone, Oct 25, 2003

  2. If you say the dust remains constant, if you zoom in and out it should be in
    the same area of the frame if on the sensor or a pixel, otherwise it could
    be dust. Dust in a lens is usually of no consequence, but in a very short
    focal length lens like you have in the 602, it could be. I'm not sure.
    Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee, Oct 26, 2003

  3. someone

    someone Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:18:16 -0000, "Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee"
    <> posted:

    >If you say the dust remains constant, if you zoom in and out it should be in
    >the same area of the frame if on the sensor or a pixel, otherwise it could
    >be dust. Dust in a lens is usually of no consequence, but in a very short
    >focal length lens like you have in the 602, it could be. I'm not sure.

    they are little black dots. looking at the lcd, they are in the same place
    whether I use the zoom or not. I tried wiping the front of the lens with a
    lens cloth, but it didn't help. what can I do?
    someone, Oct 26, 2003
  4. someone

    Not Very Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:40:49 GMT, (someone) wrote:

    > although I had added an adaptor tube and filter combo soon after I bought
    > my 602, it has finally succumbed to dust. it doesn't seem to be a pixel
    > problem as the position of the black spots are constant when zooming in and
    > out. is there any way I can get rid of them?

    That sounds more like dust on the CCD. Not easy to do it yourself.
    Not Very, Oct 27, 2003
  5. someone

    someone Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:19:03 +1100, Not Very <>
    posted:

    >On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:40:49 GMT, (someone) wrote:
    >
    >> although I had added an adaptor tube and filter combo soon after I bought
    >> my 602, it has finally succumbed to dust. it doesn't seem to be a pixel
    >> problem as the position of the black spots are constant when zooming in and
    >> out. is there any way I can get rid of them?

    >That sounds more like dust on the CCD. Not easy to do it yourself.

    anybody sent it back to fuji for servicing? how much would it cost?
    someone, Oct 27, 2003