    manual would be useful too.

    thank you,
    R.

    Reetah, Dec 29, 2007

  2. On Dec 29, 11:17 pm, Reetah <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would appreciate any how-to about converting s6000fd/s6500fd camera to
    > IR mode. All I know it is about removing IR blocking filter from the
    > camera (it sits just before the sensor), but I couldn't find any guide
    > on the internet how to do this.
    >
    > Did anybody try to do this? A link to PDF Fuji S6000fd/S6500fd service
    > manual would be useful too.

    This camera does not have an IR low-pass filter. It simply has an IR
    coating on the lens. You need to scratch it off.

    Beladi Nasrallah, Dec 29, 2007

  3. Reetah

    Reetah Guest

    Beladi Nasrallah wrote:
    > On Dec 29, 11:17 pm, Reetah <> wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I would appreciate any how-to about converting s6000fd/s6500fd camera to
    >> IR mode. All I know it is about removing IR blocking filter from the
    >> camera (it sits just before the sensor), but I couldn't find any guide
    >> on the internet how to do this.
    >>
    >> Did anybody try to do this? A link to PDF Fuji S6000fd/S6500fd service
    >> manual would be useful too.

    > This camera does not have an IR low-pass filter. It simply has an IR
    > coating on the lens. You need to scratch it off.

    thanks for reply, this would be the bad news. how about s9600? I saw
    some pictures taken with s9600 IR converted, and s6000fd/s6500fd has the
    same optics (I also saw some s6500fd IR shots).

    what is the source of the information that s6500 doesn't have IR
    low-pass filter?

    here is a sample link to s6500fd converted photos:
    http://chemweb.ucc.ie/mpravda/irphoto/s6500fd/index.htm

    thank you,
    R.

    Reetah, Dec 29, 2007
  4. Reetah

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:08:20 +0100, Reetah wrote:

    >> This camera does not have an IR low-pass filter. It simply has an IR
    >> coating on the lens. You need to scratch it off.

    > thanks for reply, this would be the bad news. how about s9600? I saw
    > some pictures taken with s9600 IR converted, and s6000fd/s6500fd has the
    > same optics (I also saw some s6500fd IR shots).

    It's interesting that you were considering these Fujis. Are you
    aware of some other Fujis that have been designed specifically for
    IR shooting? There is a moderately expensive Finepix DSLR and the
    Finepix IS-1 is an IR version of their S9100/S9600. Same size and
    weight and it also uses a 9mp sensor, articulating LCD and 4 AA
    batteries. Fuji has an add-on hot mirror IR filter for it that
    allows it to also be used as a normal (non-IR) camera.

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/IS1/IS1A.HTM

    ASAAR, Dec 29, 2007
  5. Reetah

    Reetah Guest

    ASAAR wrote:
    > It's interesting that you were considering these Fujis. Are you
    > aware of some other Fujis that have been designed specifically for
    > IR shooting? There is a moderately expensive Finepix DSLR and the
    > Finepix IS-1 is an IR version of their S9100/S9600. Same size and
    > weight and it also uses a 9mp sensor, articulating LCD and 4 AA
    > batteries. Fuji has an add-on hot mirror IR filter for it that
    > allows it to also be used as a normal (non-IR) camera.

    Hello, no, I am not aware, I just have s6500fd in my hands and would
    like to remove IR filter if possible. I am not experienced in IR
    photography but I wanna try it if s6500fd IR conversion is simple and
    painless.

    thank you,
    R.

    Reetah, Dec 29, 2007
  6. Reetah

    AAvK Guest

    "Beladi Nasrallah" <> wrote in message news:...

    This camera does not have an IR low-pass filter. It simply has an IR
    coating on the lens. You need to scratch it off.

    Interesting, but how do you know that? I have the same camera and cannot
    find the lens configuration for it, nor anything else of it's "deeper tech", sts.
    AAvK

    AAvK, Dec 29, 2007
  7. On Dec 30, 12:08 am, Reetah <> wrote:
    > Beladi Nasrallah wrote:
    > > On Dec 29, 11:17 pm, Reetah <> wrote:
    > >> Hello,

    > >> I would appreciate any how-to about converting s6000fd/s6500fd camera to
    > >> IR mode. All I know it is about removing IR blocking filter from the
    > >> camera (it sits just before the sensor), but I couldn't find any guide
    > >> on the internet how to do this.

    > >> Did anybody try to do this? A link to PDF Fuji S6000fd/S6500fd service
    > >> manual would be useful too.

    > > This camera does not have an IR low-pass filter. It simply has an IR
    > > coating on the lens. You need to scratch it off.

    > thanks for reply, this would be the bad news. how about s9600? I saw
    > some pictures taken with s9600 IR converted, and s6000fd/s6500fd has the
    > same optics (I also saw some s6500fd IR shots).
    >
    > what is the source of the information that s6500 doesn't have IR
    > low-pass filter?
    >
    > here is a sample link to s6500fd converted photos:http://chemweb.ucc.ie/mpravda/irphoto/s6500fd/index.htm
    >
    > thank you,
    > R.

    Don't scrapet anything off yet. I do not know what I am talking about.
    I told this information only to stir shit. Usually, after such a
    remark, five or ten people jump on the bandwagon, and start proving
    with the details on their hands why I am wrong, and how the things are
    in reality. And that's what you'd need. However, it did not happen
    this time for some reason :-(

    Beladi Nasrallah, Dec 30, 2007