    this to hopefully save others the price of an SD card!

    --
    Colin

    Colin, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Colin

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Colin wrote:
    > I recently bought a Fuji S5700 (UK name for the S700) and a 2Gb SD
    > card. Very nice for what I want it for, but one serious snag -
    > rechargable NiMh batteries completely discharge after about a day with
    > the camera just sitting in its case, turned off.
    >
    > Eventually I found a single reference to this issue - in a customer
    > review at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830122110.
    > It turns out that this issue only happens if you use SD cards - it's
    > fine with XD cards. I've now got a 2Gb XD "Type H" card and the
    > batteries last for ever.
    >
    > Annoyingly this isn't mentioned in the manual, so I thought I'd post
    > this to hopefully save others the price of an SD card!
    >
    > --
    > Colin

    Sounds weird, maybe Fuji didn't know about it when they wrote the manual.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Jan 14, 2008

  3. "Colin" <> wrote in message
    >I recently bought a Fuji S5700 (UK name for the S700) and a 2Gb SD
    > card. Very nice for what I want it for, but one serious snag -
    > rechargable NiMh batteries completely discharge after about a day with
    > the camera just sitting in its case, turned off.
    >
    > Eventually I found a single reference to this issue - in a customer
    > review at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830122110.
    > It turns out that this issue only happens if you use SD cards - it's
    > fine with XD cards. I've now got a 2Gb XD "Type H" card and the
    > batteries last for ever.
    >
    > Annoyingly this isn't mentioned in the manual, so I thought I'd post
    > this to hopefully save others the price of an SD card!
    >
    > --
    > Colin

    I use a 2GB card in a Fuji Finepix S5700 with no problems whatsoever.
    There are no discharge problems with my S5700 digi camera with SD cards of
    any size 512MB to 2GB.
    Regards Mike.

    Mike Cawood, HND BIT, Jan 14, 2008
  4. Colin

    Colin Guest

    On 14 Jan, 22:58, "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <> wrote:
    > "Colin" <> wrote in message

    > >I recently bought a FujiS5700(UK name for the S700) and a 2Gb SD
    > > card.  Very nice for what I want it for, but one serious snag -
    > > rechargable NiMh batteries completely discharge after about a day with
    > > the camera just sitting in its case, turned off.

    > > Eventually I found a single reference to this issue - in a customer
    > > review athttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830122110.
    > > It turns out that this issue only happens if you use SD cards - it's
    > > fine with XD cards.  I've now got a 2Gb XD "Type H" card and the
    > > batteries last for ever.

    > > Annoyingly this isn't mentioned in the manual, so I thought I'd post
    > > this to hopefully save others the price of an SD card!

    > > --
    > > Colin

    > I use a 2GB card in a Fuji FinepixS5700with no problems whatsoever.
    > There are no discharge problems with myS5700digi camera with SD cards of
    > any size 512MB to 2GB.
    > Regards   Mike.- Hide quoted text -

    Dunno then - maybe the particular cheapo, no-name 2Gb SD card I bought
    is faulty or not to spec?

    Colin, Jan 18, 2008