    problem.

    Thanx

    , Apr 7, 2005

  2. A.P. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm playing around with Windows Movie Maker. Is it possible to capture
    > live video directly from the camera into Windows Movie Maker? When I
    > click Capture from video device I get an error no capture device can be
    > found. The PC and camera are connected and communicating without a
    > problem.
    >
    > Thanx

    You should try to set your S5100 in "web-cam" mode in order to
    capture the "current video stream" .

    .... If the S5100 have that option .... I'm not sure

    AP

    A.P., Apr 8, 2005

  3. Guest

    A.P. wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > I'm playing around with Windows Movie Maker. Is it possible to

    capture
    > > live video directly from the camera into Windows Movie Maker? When

    > > click Capture from video device I get an error no capture device

    can be
    > > found. The PC and camera are connected and communicating without a
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > Thanx
    > >

    > You should try to set your S5100 in "web-cam" mode in order to
    > capture the "current video stream" .
    >
    > ... If the S5100 have that option .... I'm not sure
    >
    > AP

    I don't think it has a "web-cam" mode so I guess I'm out of luck.
    Thanx

    , Apr 8, 2005
  4. ASAAR Guest

    On 8 Apr 2005 05:55:15 -0700, wrote:

    > I don't think it has a "web-cam" mode so I guess I'm out of luck.

    It does have a Web Cam mode but there are limitations. It's
    described on page 95 of the manual. Here are the limitations:

    > The WEB Camera function can only be used on Windows XP SP1.
    > Microsoft Windows Messenger 5.0 or later is required to use
    > the WEB Camera function.
    > Images are not output to a TV.
    > When using Video Chat with the WEB Camera function, Windows
    > XP SP1 is required also for your partner's OS.

    The manual shows that the camera's setup screen should be changed
    from DSC (Mass storage device) mode to <camera icon> WEB (WEB
    Camera) mode, and then provides instructions for linking to another
    computer using Windows Messenger.

    ASAAR, Apr 8, 2005