    Thanks,

    Marty from Sunny South Florida
    , Nov 19, 2003

  2. Sammy' Guest

    I like my fuji s5000, seems to be better than my fuji 3800.

    Check here. If you have a camera now to compare to, look that up on his site
    too.
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/

    i bought my here, 299 now, i paid 358
    http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=FJFPS5000

    <News@ dont spam me.net> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone.
    >
    > I'm looking for a camera to travel with. My Nikon D1x and Fuji S2 pro are
    > too heavy for recreational photography, but I find the speed and accuracy
    > just wonderful. I bought a new Olympus E-10 a couple of years ago, paid

    far
    > too much, shot about 40 very aggravating frames, and sold it on Ebay for a
    > huge wash. The E10 is slow enough that I could sketch out the image faster
    > than it could record!
    >
    > Here's my question to the group:
    >
    > What is the lag time from power up to first shot on the Fuji cameras. When
    > you press the shutter button, how long is the delay to pre-focus and
    > calibrate exposure? I don't need millisecond answers. How does it feel
    > (quick, slow, OK?, great?). If I take rapid fire sequences, how many

    images

    Sammy', Nov 19, 2003

  3. Andre Denis Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:53:04 GMT, "Sammy'" <> wrote:

    >I like my fuji s5000, seems to be better than my fuji 3800.

    Sorry for just jumping in here, but I have a question you might be able to
    answer about the Fuji S5000. Since you seem to be happy with it, I thought
    you wouldn't mind.

    I have a chance to order a Fuji S5000 through my Visa points and it seems
    like not a bad choice for me, but I'm not sure if the software will work
    with the pc I have can you tell from the software cd if I will be able to
    use the Win98 with a Pentium II 233mg. 256ram?

    It has been less than 24 hours since I asked this question at the Fuji
    site. So, they will probably get back to me soon too.

    I'm interested in any other comments from a users on this camera as well.
    Recovery time, Battery life, print quality compared to SLR.

    I have been to quite a few sites with reviews on the camera already and
    most things seem pretty positive. I am just a little worried that I might
    be dissapointed with the quality compared to my old Nikkormat.

    Thanks Andre
    Andre Denis, Nov 19, 2003