    Does anyone know how to make the modifications to the nikon mb16
    battery pack so it will work on the Fuji S2. If anyone has
    accomplished this, how well does it work and is it worth the effort?
    David Super, Dec 29, 2003

  2. "David Super" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know how to make the modifications to the nikon mb16
    > battery pack so it will work on the Fuji S2. If anyone has
    > accomplished this, how well does it work and is it worth the effort?

    How anyone know if it's worth the effort to you?

    I have a Fuji S2 Pro and feel no need to add the MB16. If the MB10 were an
    option, I'd do that, though. However, I've seen this thread come up many
    times at DP Review. I recommend you search the Fuji SLR forum there for
    posts on the subject.

    HMc
    Howard McCollister, Dec 29, 2003

  3. David Super

    max Guest

    "David Super" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Does anyone know how to make the modifications to the nikon mb16
    > battery pack so it will work on the Fuji S2. If anyone has
    > accomplished this, how well does it work and is it worth the effort?

    Here you find pictures ho to:
    http://www.pbase.com/dannerw/mb16s2

    It works just fine, but you better get a charger
    that takes more than 4 batteries or you wont be
    doing anything but charging. The pack adds some
    weight and wolume witch I prefer. ;o)-max-
    max, Dec 30, 2003
  4. David Super

    Taps Guest

    "max" <> wrote in message
    > "David Super" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    >> Does anyone know how to make the modifications to the nikon mb16
    >> battery pack so it will work on the Fuji S2. If anyone has
    >> accomplished this, how well does it work and is it worth the effort?

    > Here you find pictures ho to:
    > http://www.pbase.com/dannerw/mb16s2
    >
    > It works just fine, but you better get a charger
    > that takes more than 4 batteries or you wont be
    > doing anything but charging. The pack adds some
    > weight and wolume witch I prefer. ;o)-max-

    I used this URL to do mine. I must say I love the feel of the S2 now with
    the battery pack. I can only add one thing to it. Instead of trying to
    find some thick tape or something to press the switch inside, I took the
    plastic covering that came with the MB16 and an exacto knife. A little
    delicate cutting, and a drop or two of super glue, and it fits right in
    place and hold the switch closed just as the tape would.

    And of course, add in the obvious here, to smooth down the edges like you
    need, I brought out the dremel tool and had them gone and smooth in less
    than a minute.

    --

    Taps

    http://Taps.Iniquity.Org
    - "What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the
    fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful
    than the garment with which it is clothed?" -- Michaelangelo
    - "I thought about trying nude photography. I just don't know where I
    would hold my lens cap???" -- Taps

    Jung gur shpx ner lbh ybbxvat urer sbe? Qnza!
    Lbh guvax V jnf uvqvat fbzrguvat sebz lbh?
    Abj trg ba onpx orsber V fznpx lbh va gur urnq jvgu zl cravf!
    Taps, Jan 10, 2004