    HIGH FINE NORMAL

    1440 - 2304 - 3024 - 4256

    Thanks for any help

    Efe Miller, Aug 22, 2004

  2. (Efe Miller) writes:

    > Hi just bought FUJI S2 Pro for to do Wedding pictures 8x10. Just
    > wondering what the best settings I should take the weedding photos for
    > that size pictures.
    >
    > HIGH FINE NORMAL
    >
    > 1440 - 2304 - 3024 - 4256
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    For formal portraits, I use either "fine"/3k or "high"(raw).

    For candids I use "fine"/3k or maybe "normal"/3k if I've somehow
    messed up memory card management and transfer and need to dig myself
    out of a hole.

    The "4k" resolution corresponds to the 12megapixel intermediate form
    between the Super-CCD diamon array and an actual rectilinear grid, and
    does *not* represent real resolution (or at least not any significant
    extra quantity of it compared to the 6MP setting).

    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 22, 2004

  3. There's a couple of tricks with the S2.

    I'd go for 4256, just in case someone loves a pic, and wants a print at say
    60x80cm's.

    I'd also read the camera manual, and turn off closest proximity focus - or
    all your shots won't be sharp.

    I'd also turn off sharpening, saturation and contrast, so you can doit later
    in Photoshop.

    Good luck!

    Derrick

    Surfworx Photography, Aug 23, 2004