    Thanks,
    --
    Remove "nospamplease-" to reply via email - Rob
    22/09/2003 15:30:53

    Rob[UK], Sep 22, 2003

  2. "Rob[UK]" <> wrote in message
    news:1bicw1unypstb$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm considering getting the camera control software for my Fuji S2 Pro
    > camera. It's not cheap, 130UKP, and there is no way I can see it working
    > before I buy it.
    >
    > Has anyone had any experience with this software? The reason I would like
    > it is to see a full screen view of the image directly after I take it. I
    > will be taking a lot of pictures, using a macro lens, of my wife handmade
    > jewellery.

    My experience with the Camera Control Software is pretty positive. You have
    a few choices when you start the program, in that you can either shoot
    manually and have the image displayed on the computer, or you can use the
    computer to take the pictures. You can also set it to do time-lapse. It
    works pretty well, although there are occasional glitches in the firewire
    connection. In the US version of the S2 Pro, the RAW EX and Camera Shooting
    Software are included (so-called (Hyper-Utility software, as Fuji labels
    it...)

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Rob[UK]

    Rob[UK] Guest

    On 22 Sep 2003 14:29:09 -0500, "Howard McCollister" <>
    wrote:

    >My experience with the Camera Control Software is pretty positive. You have
    >a few choices when you start the program, in that you can either shoot
    >manually and have the image displayed on the computer, or you can use the
    >computer to take the pictures. You can also set it to do time-lapse. It
    >works pretty well, although there are occasional glitches in the firewire
    >connection. In the US version of the S2 Pro, the RAW EX and Camera Shooting
    >Software are included (so-called (Hyper-Utility software, as Fuji labels
    >it...)

    It's included with the camera!? Well if that isn't the icing on the
    cake :-(

    Seems like us UK'ers are getting ripped off.

    Rob[UK], Sep 22, 2003
  4. "Rob[UK]" <rob@nospamplease_insanegadgets.com> wrote in message

    > It's included with the camera!? Well if that isn't the icing on the
    > cake :-(
    >
    > Seems like us UK'ers are getting ripped off.

    Well, current price here in the USA is typically $1799USD + VAT (varies by
    location, but typically 5%-8%) which is 1091GBP or 1568 Euros. If we buy
    online or mailorder, there is no VAT. I don't know what the VAT is in the
    UK.

    Currently, I see the camera body-only in the UK going for around 1200 GBP.
    So, taking into account that the "HyperUtility Software" isn't included, it
    does seem that you're paying a bit of a premium for the S2 Pro.

    Are my assumptions correct?

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Rob[UK]

    Rob[UK] Guest

    On 22 Sep 2003 19:30:10 -0500, "Howard McCollister" <>
    wrote:

    >Currently, I see the camera body-only in the UK going for around 1200 GBP.
    >So, taking into account that the "HyperUtility Software" isn't included, it
    >does seem that you're paying a bit of a premium for the S2 Pro.
    >
    >Are my assumptions correct?

    Your right, but I am not in the slightest bit supprised. Usually
    manufacturers take the dollar price and swap the dollar sign for a
    pound sign. i.e UK price is about 1/3 higher than the US. $1000 =
    1000UKP

    VAT is currently 17.5%

    I don't know how much I actually paid for my S2 as I negotiated a deal
    with a lens and memory card. But the retail price was 1350UKP inc vat

    1350UKP + 130UKP = 1480UKP = $2445

    So, yes, your assumptions are correct!

    Rob[UK], Sep 23, 2003
  6. "Rob[UK]" <rob@nospamplease_insanegadgets.com> wrote in message

    > VAT is currently 17.5%
    >
    > I don't know how much I actually paid for my S2 as I negotiated a deal
    > with a lens and memory card. But the retail price was 1350UKP inc vat
    >
    > 1350UKP + 130UKP = 1480UKP = $2445

    Ouch!

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Sep 24, 2003