    that is readable in Photoshop CS?

    Many thanks

    Colin

    colin., May 23, 2006

  2. colin.

    Steve Guest

    Steve, May 23, 2006

  3. colin.

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Tue, 23 May 2006 12:58:14 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Steve
    <> wrote:

    >colin. wrote:
    >> What is the best way of converting .RAF files taken on my Fuji S5500 to RAW
    >> that is readable in Photoshop CS?

    >http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html i believe

    Note that ACR 3.1 and higher according to the note on this page
    require CS2.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, May 23, 2006
  4. colin.

    Guest

    colin. wrote:
    > What is the best way of converting .RAF files taken on my Fuji S5500 to RAW
    > that is readable in Photoshop CS?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Colin

    You could try converting to DNG and then using Adobe Camera Raw:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/index.html

    You'll need to use ACR version 2.4 with PS CS (PS 8).

    , May 23, 2006
  5. "colin." <colin###@###j0o.com> writes:

    > What is the best way of converting .RAF files taken on my Fuji S5500 to RAW
    > that is readable in Photoshop CS?

    If the Adobe Camera Raw plugin that supports the S5500 requires CS2,
    then you can sneak around the end by using Adobe's DNG converter to
    convert the RAF to DNG; ACR for CS supports DNG. This is what I'm
    doing with NEF raw files from my Nikon D200.
    RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>

    David Dyer-Bennet, May 23, 2006
  6. colin. wrote:
    > What is the best way of converting .RAF files taken on my Fuji S5500 to RAW
    > that is readable in Photoshop CS?

    I'm puzzled by this. The S5500 doesn't appear to be in the list of
    cameras supported by ACR / Photoshop. I believe it is also known under
    a different name (S5100?) and that isn't in the list either.

    Yet this thread suggests that it is supported by ACR 2.4, which works
    with Photoshop CS:
    http://adobe.groupbrowser.com/t22493.html

    --
    Barry Pearson
    http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

    Barry Pearson, May 24, 2006
  7. colin.

    colin. Guest

    "Barry Pearson" <> wrote in message
    | colin. wrote:
    | > What is the best way of converting .RAF files taken on my Fuji S5500 to
    RAW
    | > that is readable in Photoshop CS?
    |
    | I'm puzzled by this. The S5500 doesn't appear to be in the list of
    | cameras supported by ACR / Photoshop. I believe it is also known under
    | a different name (S5100?) and that isn't in the list either.
    |
    | Yet this thread suggests that it is supported by ACR 2.4, which works
    | with Photoshop CS:
    | http://adobe.groupbrowser.com/t22493.html

    I just got myself a copy of Photoshop CS2 which supports .RAF perfectly :)

    I should have mentioned, my camera is known as the S5500 here in the UK,
    whereas elsewhere it is S5100. I should have pointed that out to save any
    confusion.

    Thanks for your help everyone.

    Colin

    colin., May 24, 2006