    much for all your help

    greetins
    martin

    jUnK|E, Aug 23, 2003

  2. "jUnK|E" <> wrote in message
    news:nEB1b.241$...
    > hi!!
    >
    > this might sound like a lame question but im kind of a newbie in this area
    > and i would like to get some oppions about canon g2 and fuji finepix 3800.

    > wanna get one of these - the price is similar, they have similar

    featurers.
    > canon has 4.0 megapixel sensor whereas fuji only 3.2. is this the most
    > important thing i should think of? or if zoom matters more?? thank you

    very
    > much for all your help
    >
    > greetins
    > martin

    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but last time I looked someone
    told me that Fuji's use their own propertiary memory, whereas Canons use the
    extremely popular and easily found Compact Flash. I dislike anything
    proprietary, so I'd rather having a Canon if that's what it takes to forego
    something as crucial as flash memory being proprietary.

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Fuji uses standard xD memory. It's not proprietary.

    Steve Michelson, Aug 23, 2003
  4. jUnK|E

    Andrew Guest

    Steve Michelson <> wrote:
    > Fuji uses standard xD memory. It's not proprietary.

    Oddball if not proprietary. Stick to products that use CF cards.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Aug 23, 2003
  5. jUnK|E

    Guest

    Larry R Harrison Jr <> wrote:

    > Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but last time I looked someone
    > told me that Fuji's use their own propertiary memory, whereas Canons use the
    > extremely popular and easily found Compact Flash. I dislike anything
    > proprietary, so I'd rather having a Canon if that's what it takes to forego
    > something as crucial as flash memory being proprietary.

    My old Fuji uses standard memory cards. The technical specs for the
    cameras the OP is considering are probably available on each
    manufacturers' web site.

    Which camera to get depends on the intended use of the camera. For those
    who want to print as large as possible, more megapixels is desirable. If
    the goal with this camera is to send photos via email or print standard
    4x6 photos, the lower resolution camera might be fine.

    Also important is how easy the camera is to hold and operate.

    , Aug 23, 2003
  6. jUnK|E

    Dean Guest

    XD memory cards are used by both Fuji & Olympus. Their small size, extremely
    fast write & read speeds, and very low battery consumption make it a good
    choice for todays cameras. I've been using the FP 3800 for almost a year &
    for the most part I'm impressed by it. It's short commings are low light
    focus inability & no manual focus. ISO 100 is it's only setting, which can
    be a liability. Number of shots between charge of Nimh batteries varies
    depending on flash use and use of LCD screen, but will never be any lower
    then 100 shots and I've seen as many as 250 shots between charges.

    Dean, Aug 23, 2003