    Best Regards,

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Nov 14, 2005

  2. WannabeSomeone

    ~~NoMad~~ Guest

    Looks like some Technician at the factory substituted one of the FinePix
    S18000 sensors in your camera!

    NM

    ~~NoMad~~, Nov 14, 2005

  3. WannabeSomeone

    Matalog Guest

    No, I read a review somewhere that this is what happens on them all - search
    in google (that's how I came across it) I don't remember what it said.

    Matalog, Nov 14, 2005
  4. WannabeSomeone

    Matalog Guest

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms9000/page14.asp

    Matalog, Nov 14, 2005
  5. "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote in message
    > Looks like some Technician at the factory substituted one of the FinePix
    > S18000 sensors in your camera!
    >
    > NM

    I don't think a wrong sensor can work in a different model. It will be nice
    if it is the case. I'll run out and buy a few more before they found out.

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Nov 14, 2005
  6. "Matalog" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms9000/page14.asp

    In addition to the standard file browsing software (FinePix Viewer),
    Fujifilm supplies only the most basic raw conversion software with the
    S9000. Raw File Converter LE offers no control over the conversion process,
    simply spitting an 8-bit TIFF file out the other end. Interestingly no one
    seems to have told Fuji's software group that they don't double the
    resolution of Super CCD files any more, as Raw Converter LE spits out
    immense 4864 x 3468 pixel, 17 megapixel TIFFs, each of which weighs in at
    just over 50MB.

    I checked the link above. That explains why I am getting 17 meg out of a 9
    meg camera.

    The TIFF file size is 3 times the 17 meg resolution. That means the TIFF is
    using 3 bytes for each pixel, or 8 bits for each color of the RGB.

    My PhotoShop Elements 4.0 cannot read the CCD-RAW file (.RAF). I may have to
    wait for the updates.

    Thanks for the link.

    Wannabe
    =======