Fuji Finepix S7000?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Opentoe, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. Opentoe

    Opentoe Guest

    I ran across Fuji's finepix S7000. If you haven't read already about my
    thread about the Canon 10D, I decided to start another related to this
    model. Since I already know $1500 for the 10D and extra for the lens is out
    of the questions...

    I've never owned a Fuji anything. Is this some thing to keep away from or
    should I take interest? I do make up my own mind, but hearing different
    opinions from a broad sense of people really helps and brings out some
    really good factor's/information that the potential consumer hasn't even
    thought of.

    Also, I'll be damned if I can't find a picture of the back of this
    camera...only front pictures seem to be available.

    If anyone recommends other brand/model camera's go ahead, join the crowd.

    I did own an Olympus C5050, but did get tired of it's speed and sold it. If
    I really "have" to, I would purchase another one if there's nothing else out
    there that's a good comparison to that model. I did enjoy it, and the
    battery life was excellent, but inbetween pictures was ridiculous.

    Opentoe, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Opentoe

    BUNTOVNIK Guest

    "Opentoe" <> wrote in message
    > I ran across Fuji's finepix S7000.
    > I've never owned a Fuji anything. Is this some thing to keep away from or
    > should I take interest?

    I owned a fuji s602 (the s7000 is basically same as s602, except for the
    image sensor, and couple of not so important features) for almost a year.
    All I can say is that this is one of the nicest digital cameras I worked
    with, and I tried quite a few. Excelent optics, very responsive, great grip,
    battery life one of the best, can handle a bunch of kicks and scratches
    (mine actually fell out of my hands 2 times right on the pavement, and just
    kept working as if nothing had happened), produces absolutely beautiful
    colors, wow macro mode, and has a great in-camera software that makes
    hadling the camera a piece of cake.

    > Also, I'll be damned if I can't find a picture of the back of this
    > camera...only front pictures seem to be available.

    Shure there is... Take a look at dpreview's first contact with the s7000.

    > If anyone recommends other brand/model camera's go ahead, join the crowd.

    For 800$ (that's the price for a true 6, output 12 mp camera believe it or
    not!) I think there's nothing that comes even close. I wen't from my s602 up
    to EOS 10d, because I had an opportunity to get it at a great price. Still,
    Fuji s602 has left me so satisfied I'm seriously considering buying the
    s7000 instead of a macro lens for my 10d. I can get same results as far as
    the macro is concerned, but also own a compact digi-cam that I can use as
    all-round camera. So... go for it.

    BUNTOVNIK, Aug 10, 2003

  3. I concur. I also have a S602, and am extremely happy with it - the quality
    of the output,
    the versatility of the camera, the feel of the camera. I would not hesitate
    to get the s7000.

    Steve Michelson, Aug 10, 2003