    ------------------
    "Any married man should forget his mistakes,
    there's no use in two people remembering the same thing"
    Ron, May 27, 2004

  2. Ron

    Ken Oaf Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:23:34 -0400, "Ron" <> wrote:

    > Any comments, good or bad?

    An excellent camera. Superceded by the S7000.
    Ken Oaf, May 27, 2004

  3. Ron

    Ron Guest

    "Ken Oaf" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:23:34 -0400, "Ron" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Any comments, good or bad?

    > An excellent camera. Superceded by the S7000.

    Thanks Ken. If you could buy the 7000 or the Canon G5 for the same price, or
    the S602 for about $50 USD cheaper, which would it be? I plan on using it
    for Wedding photos as well as general shooting. TIA,

    Ron
    Ron, May 27, 2004
  4. Ron

    Theo McD. Guest

    I would go with the 7000.

    I have the S602z and LOVE IT!! Its the best camera that I have ever used,
    well best consumer camera. and the 7000 really performs well, with added
    quality.
    - Theo

    Theo McD., May 27, 2004
  5. Ron wrote:

    > "Ken Oaf" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:23:34 -0400, "Ron" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Any comments, good or bad?

    >>An excellent camera. Superceded by the S7000.
    >>

    > Thanks Ken. If you could buy the 7000 or the Canon G5 for the same price, or
    > the S602 for about $50 USD cheaper, which would it be? I plan on using it
    > for Wedding photos as well as general shooting. TIA,
    >
    > Ron

    I would choose the Canon G5. Read the reviews at dpreview.com. Compare the
    pictures for yourself. Picture quality is the most important aspect IMHO.

    --
    Ben Thomas

    Apparently less than 10% of accidents are caused by drivers exceeding the speed
    limit.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, May 27, 2004
  6. Ron

    pjp Guest

    I've had mine 1.5 years and am still happy with it.

    pjp, May 28, 2004
  7. Ron

    Faolan Guest

    In the writings of Ron, the <40b64e54$0$3147$>
    scrolls contained these prophetic words:

    > Any comments, good or bad?
    >
    > Ron

    Good, :eek:)

    Fast and takes brilliant shots when doing 'fast' action shots. It's last
    5 is excellent for this...

    Downside is lack of ability to focus in relatively low light, you can
    get round this using a LED torch for a focus assist lamp.

    I recently had to replace mine and got the 'pro' version, only real
    difference is:

    All black shell
    Studio Sync socket
    Cable release socket
    4 NIMH batts and charger
    1Gb Microdrive

    Got all this for just a tad over £300 including P&P. At this price it's
    a steal. Note however it's probably limited stocks as it's no longer
    made, it's been replace with S20 Pro.

    If you want to see samples, try my website.
    --
    Scottish Heritage:
    http://www.CelticShadows.co.uk
    Faolan, May 28, 2004
  8. Ron

    Ken Oaf Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:34:58 -0400, "Ron" <> wrote:

    > > > Any comments, good or bad?

    > > An excellent camera. Superceded by the S7000.
    > >

    > Thanks Ken. If you could buy the 7000 or the Canon G5 for the same price, or
    > the S602 for about $50 USD cheaper, which would it be? I plan on using it
    > for Wedding photos as well as general shooting. TIA,

    I'd go for the 7000 over the other two.
    Ken Oaf, May 28, 2004
  9. Ron

    Phil Guest

    > Got all this for just a tad over £300 including P&P. At this price it's
    > a steal. Note however it's probably limited stocks as it's no longer
    > made, it's been replace with S20 Pro.
    >
    > If you want to see samples, try my website.
    > --
    > Scottish Heritage:
    > http://www.CelticShadows.co.uk

    Where do you buy it from?

    Phil
    Phil, May 28, 2004
  10. Ron

    Faolan Guest

    In the writings of , the <40b6eedc$0$4587$>
    scrolls contained these prophetic words:

    > > Got all this for just a tad over £300 including P&P. At this price it's
    > > a steal. Note however it's probably limited stocks as it's no longer
    > > made, it's been replace with S20 Pro.
    > >

    > Where do you buy it from?
    >
    > Phil

    Hi Phil,

    Got it from this place, never heard of them till the insurance guy told
    me of them:

    www.empiredirect.co.uk

    Delivered in 2 days of receipt of payment as well. Last I knew of it
    they had about 140 of these cameras left....
    Faolan, May 28, 2004
  11. Ron

    Ron Guest

    Thanks for the replies gents. Between the 7000 and the 602z, is the latter
    a faster shooting camera in continuous mode? I see that the 7000 has most of
    the same features that the 602 has with the addition of the new generation
    CCD, but why did they leave out the ISO 800 and 1600 modes? And the 602z
    seems to shoot faster according to specs(less shutter lag). Is this true? Is
    the 602z Pro only available in the UK? I suppose I could just get a
    microdrive here in the US. My wife will also be using this. That's why I was
    also considering the Canon G5. The Fuji's look like they might be too big
    for her hands. Also, the G5's pix look clearer or brighter than the Fuji's
    at dpreview.com. Is this the case or could that difference be due to the
    shooter? I wish there was a way to compare the exact same shot with same
    settings between different cameras. Thanks again,

    Ron
    Ron, May 28, 2004
  12. Ron

    Alex Butcher Guest

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 08:20:16 -0400, Ron wrote:

    > Thanks for the replies gents. Between the 7000 and the 602z, is the
    > latter a faster shooting camera in continuous mode? I see that the 7000
    > has most of the same features that the 602 has with the addition of the
    > new generation CCD, but why did they leave out the ISO 800 and 1600
    > modes?

    Probably because they were a bit gimmicky - they only worked in 1MP
    resolution.

    > And the 602z seems to shoot faster according to specs(less shutter lag).
    > Is this true? Is the 602z Pro only available in the UK? I suppose I
    > could just get a microdrive here in the US.

    I believe the 602z Pro was/is available in the US. You may find that the
    precise contents of the box vary though - there were a few different
    deals; no Microdrive, 340MB, 1GB IIRC.

    > My wife will also be using this. That's why I was also considering the
    > Canon G5. The Fuji's look like they might be too big for her hands.

    The S602 /is/ on the chunky side, but reasonably well-balanced.

    Personally, I shied away because I figured it looked like a more
    attractive target for muggers. :(

    Try before you buy.

    <http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM>

    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Ron

    Best Regards,
    Alex.

    --
    Alex Butcher Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
    Bristol, UK Need reliable and secure network systems?
    Alex Butcher, May 28, 2004
  13. "Ron" <> wrote in message news:<40b64e54$0$3147$>...
    > Any comments, good or bad?

    For about $300 with more pro glass included, the SD9 is the best
    digital SLR ever made--the difference between the SD9 and the S602 is
    stunning...

    http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/717_sd9_s602z

    The S602 is good for a Bayer though because the price is right,
    generally better than the prosumer Bayer DSLRs in terms of sharpness,
    but its artifact level is very high. This is because is has very few
    sensors...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/23420444
    Georgette Preddy, May 30, 2004
  14. Ron

    Ron Guest

    > > Any comments, good or bad?

    > For about $300 with more pro glass included, the SD9 is the best
    > digital SLR ever made--the difference between the SD9 and the S602 is
    > stunning...
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/717_sd9_s602z
    >
    > The S602 is good for a Bayer though because the price is right,
    > generally better than the prosumer Bayer DSLRs in terms of sharpness,
    > but its artifact level is very high. This is because is has very few
    > sensors...
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/23420444

    Then how bout the S7000?

    Ron