    sound to the pictures
    Thanks very much

    Michael
    michael hunter, Oct 17, 2004

  2. michael hunter

    Zinnik Guest

    And the S3500 is pretty neat too. 4.23mp and 6x optical zoom. Can be bought
    here in Oz for around $350 if you look around (STG141 approx).
    Zinnik, Oct 17, 2004

  3. If you need a 10X zoom, perhaps you will also need image stabilisation?

    e.g. in price order

    Canon S1 IS
    Panasoniz FZ20 range
    Nikon Coolpix 8800

    David
    David J Taylor, Oct 17, 2004
  4. I agree with Mike. I have had an S5000 for a few months and really like it.
    The 10X zoom is great. I thinking of adding on a telephoto lens for extra
    zoom. Any ways, the camera works great in any light. I even took pictures of
    the fireworks this year and they turned out really nice. And that was just on
    the auto setting. I have also found that the battery life is very good. I'm
    sure that you will be happy with it, if you go that route.

    Mike
    MinnesotaMike, Oct 17, 2004
  5. michael hunter

    Mr Piquet Guest

    I have had the S5000 for almost a year now. Awesome camera.
    The 10X optical zoom has produced some AMAZING shots!

    Good build quality as well & nice & light.

    Amazing battery life as well ( around 200 shots with the LCD on ALL the time
    & the flash used every 2nd shot)

    Keep any out for the S5500 though...

    4MP rather than 3.

    Selling here in Australia for $ 550.00

    Should equate to about 200 Pounds!

    Might mean you can get a really good price on a S5000 though!

    Cheers

    Mike.
    Mr Piquet, Oct 17, 2004
  6. michael hunter wrote:
    > Hi,until recently i was a newcomer to the world of Digital
    > camera's...i came on this newsgroup and asked for advice regarding the
    > Nikon Coolpix 2200, which i bought and found to be a brilliant
    > camera...but i already wish to up the stakes...i need better than a
    > 2mp and 3X optical zoom len's camera now.
    > I happened to be watching QVC this morning and the Fuji FinePix S5500
    > was tried and tested, and some of the features really stood out, some
    > of the pictures that could be got from this camera looked really
    > good...
    > So again i am after your help and advice...is this a good camera..The
    > cheapest price online i can get it for would be 238 UK pounds (my
    > pounds sign will not work.. ha ha)
    > I was knocked out be how easy it was to use the 2200, and am after
    > some sort of ease of use rating too...
    > I also enjoyed taking movies with the 2200, and like the addition of
    > sound to the pictures
    > Thanks very much
    >
    > Michael

    Compare the photos taken with 10x zoom cameras on the www.dpreview.com site.
    S5000 shots were noticably worse than the Kodak DX6490. The S5500 may be a
    different story though.

    --
    Ben Thomas
    given nor endorsed by it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, Oct 18, 2004
  7. BenOneĀ© <> wrote in message news:<kjpvkc.i69.ln@192.168.11.2>...
    > michael hunter wrote:
    > > Hi,until recently i was a newcomer to the world of Digital
    > > camera's...i came on this newsgroup and asked for advice regarding the
    > > Nikon Coolpix 2200, which i bought and found to be a brilliant
    > > camera...but i already wish to up the stakes...i need better than a
    > > 2mp and 3X optical zoom len's camera now.
    > > I happened to be watching QVC this morning and the Fuji FinePix S5500
    > > was tried and tested, and some of the features really stood out, some
    > > of the pictures that could be got from this camera looked really
    > > good...
    > > So again i am after your help and advice...is this a good camera..The
    > > cheapest price online i can get it for would be 238 UK pounds (my
    > > pounds sign will not work.. ha ha)
    > > I was knocked out be how easy it was to use the 2200, and am after
    > > some sort of ease of use rating too...
    > > I also enjoyed taking movies with the 2200, and like the addition of
    > > sound to the pictures
    > > Thanks very much
    > >
    > > Michael

    > Compare the photos taken with 10x zoom cameras on the www.dpreview.com site.
    > S5000 shots were noticably worse than the Kodak DX6490. The S5500 may be a
    > different story though.

    Hi chaps thanks very much for the help...still to decide...thanks for
    the url...will check it out

    Michael
    michael hunter, Oct 19, 2004