    --
    Take Care, Talk to you soon.
    Maria & Bill
    Maria & Bill Rand, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Maria & Bill Rand

    Larry Guest

    In article <_RKec.89951$Pk3.41880@pd7tw1no>, says...
    > Hello to you.
    > Hope all is well.
    > I have just purchased a Fuji Finepix S5000 today and I am very pleased with
    > the product for the price, $530.00 Canadian.
    >
    > I am not that knowledgeable with photography but it seems to have allot of
    > good features. I have tried the Macro and it is great, I also really like
    > the 10x optical zoom.
    >
    > No real question just wanted to make a post and any comments or suggestions
    > are greatly appreciated.

    I think you will be very happy with the Fuji.

    I have the 5000 and the 7000 along with a couple of Sonys and a Kodak, and it
    fits right in with the group as far as picture quality and ease of use.

    Its MUCH easier to use than my Sony 717 (5x zoom, but a TERRIFIC LENS)Its big
    and klunky and wont fit in ANY coat pocket like the 5000 will. I love it and
    use it a lot, but it tends to sit on a tripod with remote control while
    working.

    AS for my Sony V1, its definatley a pocket camera with good picture quality
    BUT, the ergonomics on the V1 are HORRIBLE! If you want to use the optical
    view finder you must squash your nose on the LCD screen, and you cant keep
    your fingers out of the way of the pop-up flash! (4x zoom) Its better than
    "snapshot quality" for most "walking around taking pictures" days, but it has
    major faults.

    The Kodak 6490 has a 10 to 1 zoom also, but it only saves in a VERY highly
    compressed jpg format (artifacting is a problem with this camera but it
    treats color quite well), this puts it in the "snapshot only" category for
    me, and I tend to take it places where I wouldn't take the other cameras
    (places that are wet/dusty/dirty/dangerous (kind of feel at this point that
    if Kodak cant fix the firmware so it saves better quality, it wouldn't be a
    great loss if it got damaged). Some guy posted in the group that ANTS
    infested his 6490... I would have put in an insurance claim and NEVER belly-
    ached to Kodak. (checked with the insurance company, my home owners policy
    would have given me "replacement value) $500.00 (US(

    Once you get used to using your Fuji, try the RAW mode, it takes quite an
    impressive picture.
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.
    Larry, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Maria & Bill Rand

    Dr Fish Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    : In article <_RKec.89951$Pk3.41880@pd7tw1no>,
    says...
    : > Hello to you.
    : > Hope all is well.
    : > I have just purchased a Fuji Finepix S5000 today and I am very
    pleased with
    : > the product for the price, $530.00 Canadian.
    : >
    : > I am not that knowledgeable with photography but it seems to have
    allot of
    : > good features. I have tried the Macro and it is great, I also
    really like
    : > the 10x optical zoom.

    I have an S7000, good friend of mine has the 5000.

    The zoom on the 5000 is great - I have not seen the results for the
    macro stuff yet.

    The 7000 has more toys :eek:)

    : Once you get used to using your Fuji, try the RAW mode, it takes
    quite an
    : impressive picture.

    I can 2nd that. There is a 3rd party RAW converter which apparently
    works quite well - Google for it, it should be high up in the hits. I
    use the plug-in for photoshop, the results are worth the extra space
    on your cards.

    HTH

    AJM
    Dr Fish, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Maria & Bill Rand

    Daz_n_Pat Guest

    "Dr Fish" <> wrote in message

    > "Larry" <> wrote in message
    > : In article <_RKec.89951$Pk3.41880@pd7tw1no>,
    > says...
    > : > Hello to you.
    > : > Hope all is well.
    > : > I have just purchased a Fuji Finepix S5000 today and I am very
    > pleased with
    > : > the product for the price, $530.00 Canadian.
    > : >
    > : > I am not that knowledgeable with photography but it seems to have
    > allot of
    > : > good features. I have tried the Macro and it is great, I also
    > really like
    > : > the 10x optical zoom.
    >
    > I have an S7000, good friend of mine has the 5000.
    >
    > The zoom on the 5000 is great - I have not seen the results for the
    > macro stuff yet.
    >
    > The 7000 has more toys :eek:)
    >
    > : Once you get used to using your Fuji, try the RAW mode, it takes
    > quite an
    > : impressive picture.
    >
    > I can 2nd that. There is a 3rd party RAW converter which apparently
    > works quite well - Google for it, it should be high up in the hits. I
    > use the plug-in for photoshop, the results are worth the extra space
    > on your cards.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > AJM

    I also have the S7000 and my wife has the S5000. Both take terrific
    pictures, though I must admit, I prefer the 7000 - more bells and whistles
    on it. For the money, I think they are both great cameras. Haven't tried the
    RAW mode much yet.....must do more of that. So far I've been trying to
    conserve the card space as I take a lot of pictures in a day before I get a
    chance to download them. Next buy will have to be a laptop I think.

    Darryl.
    Daz_n_Pat, Apr 19, 2004