    Does anyone know what online store to purchase FFF11? I know that it will
    not be on the USA market. So What is a good overseas store to purchase?
    Thanks
    BlackSheep, Jan 29, 2006

  2. BlackSheep

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:52:01 -0800, BlackSheep wrote:

    > Does anyone know what online store to purchase FFF11? I know that it will
    > not be on the USA market. So What is a good overseas store to purchase?

    Although I've never dealt with Broadway Photo, a number of people
    here have purchased cameras not intended for the USA market from
    them. IIRC, one of them may have been Fuji's F11. While it's
    usually best to be wary of Brooklyn camera dealers this one seems to
    be legitimate and actually has a walk-in store. If the information
    in a 6 year old magazine ad is still accurate, they can be reached
    at 1-800-341-4775, www.bwayphoto.com or 2922 Avenue I (or Ave. L -
    it's hard to tell from the font used), Brooklyn, NY 11210. And as
    with most NY camera dealers can't be reached (except via the web)
    from Friday afternoon through Saturday.
    ASAAR, Jan 29, 2006

  3. BlackSheep

    Markeau Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:52:01 -0800, BlackSheep wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know what online store to purchase FFF11? I know that
    >> it will
    >> not be on the USA market. So What is a good overseas store to
    >> purchase?

    > Although I've never dealt with Broadway Photo, a number of people
    > here have purchased cameras not intended for the USA market from
    > them. IIRC, one of them may have been Fuji's F11. While it's
    > usually best to be wary of Brooklyn camera dealers this one seems to
    > be legitimate and actually has a walk-in store. If the information
    > in a 6 year old magazine ad is still accurate, they can be reached
    > at 1-800-341-4775, www.bwayphoto.com or 2922 Avenue I (or Ave. L -
    > it's hard to tell from the font used), Brooklyn, NY 11210. And as
    > with most NY camera dealers can't be reached (except via the web)
    > from Friday afternoon through Saturday.

    I got my F11 for the $286 web price by calling Broadway Photo. The
    salesman was very nice and did not pressure me to buy any other
    extras, but he did simply ask if I would like an extra battery for $40
    (which I got). And, if you call, you get a couple of free LCD
    protector sheets (very useful), flexible leg mini-tripod (useful), and
    cleaning kit (not really needed).

    I asked for overnight delivery and indeed it came the next day.
    However, it arrived with no xD card. I had already heard that that is
    normal for all these import models so had ordered a 512 xD Olympus
    card elsewhere. The F11 came with a US AC cord and works great.

    As most already know, this cam is absolutely superb at taking
    low-light, low-noise shots in natural light. I was not even looking a
    Fuji's when wanting to replace my aging Canon S400 but the reviews (at
    dpreview) of the predecessor F10 were so good and comments that the
    F11 was even better I had to try it. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    Markeau, Jan 29, 2006
  4. On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:40:31 -0500, ASAAR <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:52:01 -0800, BlackSheep wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know what online store to purchase FFF11? I know that it will
    >> not be on the USA market. So What is a good overseas store to purchase?

    > Although I've never dealt with Broadway Photo, a number of people
    >here have purchased cameras not intended for the USA market from
    >them. IIRC, one of them may have been Fuji's F11. While it's
    >usually best to be wary of Brooklyn camera dealers this one seems to
    >be legitimate and actually has a walk-in store. If the information
    >in a 6 year old magazine ad is still accurate, they can be reached
    >at 1-800-341-4775, www.bwayphoto.com or 2922 Avenue I (or Ave. L -
    >it's hard to tell from the font used), Brooklyn, NY 11210. And as
    >with most NY camera dealers can't be reached (except via the web)
    >from Friday afternoon through Saturday.

    Well today they are the basic Brooklyn rip off place .

    Would you do business with a 1.98 resellerrattings.com store?

    Hopefully BlackSheep before he buys anywhere will check their
    resellerrattings.com score.

    All the places showing it that I found with google didn't look like
    places I would want to buy from.

    "It looked like the sort of book described in library
    catalogues as "slightly foxed", although it would be
    more honest to admit that it looked as though it had
    been badgered, wolved and possibly beared as well."

    _Light Fantastic_
    Terry Pratchett
    John A. Stovall, Jan 29, 2006
  5. BlackSheep

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:00:53 GMT, John A. Stovall wrote:

    > Well today they are the basic Brooklyn rip off place .
    >
    > Would you do business with a 1.98 resellerrattings.com store?

    From what I've gathered from reading many messages in this
    newsgroup, I would. You're free to let your suspicions (if not
    paranoia) dictate other choices, but I doubt if any of the camera
    shops you buy from in the USA carry the F11.

    > All the places showing it that I found with google didn't look like
    > places I would want to buy from.

    And as I noted, unusual for a "Brooklyn" operation is that it is a
    real store, has been around for many years, apparently under the
    same name and in the same location. So the suspicious (if they're
    from the NYC region) can examine the camera before buying. Of
    course it's not going to compete with top tier operations such as
    B&H and Adorama, but as noted by several people here, they appear to
    be reputable. I called them the other day to inquire about some
    Raynox lenses which as it turned out, they didn't have. There was
    no attempt to move me to other products. It's possible for any
    company to occasionally screw up, and I suspect that when Bway Photo
    does they're treated with more suspicion then others. Example: When
    I spoke with an Adorama salesman about Raynox (any add-on lens,
    actually, for my camera) I was told that they didn't carry any
    lenses compatible withit. I purchased something else a few days
    later and stuffed in the package with it was an Adorama catalog,
    showing the precise lens I inquired about. I called and asked about
    it (Raynox DCR-1540PRO) and was told that the salesman was mistaken
    and this lens and others for compatible for my camera were in stock.

    Unfortunately, though both Adorama and B&H carry Raynox lenses,
    they don't have the necessary lens holder adapters (sold separately)
    and can't or won't order them. If Broadway Photo carried them
    they'd have an immediate new customer. Note that I usually refer
    people to B&H, Adorama and J&R, but in this case the OP wanted
    something that they don't sell but which B'way Photo does. It's
    probably just as risky dealing with a dealer in Europe, especially
    if there are any glitches in the transaction or with the product.
    Does resellerratings score European camera stores?
    ASAAR, Jan 29, 2006
  6. BlackSheep

    BlackSheep Guest

    Thanks for the advice I'm going to look into the stores that where
    mentioned.
    BlackSheep, Jan 30, 2006