    --
    Posted at author's request, using fully moderated http://www.DigiForumz.com interface
    Thread archive: http://www.DigiForumz.com/Fuji-finepix-A350-Card-error-ftopict11328.html

    Burnsy, Apr 22, 2008

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > I recently purchased a new 2GB xD picture card for my Girlfriends fuji
    > Finepix A350 camera. It seems like a direct replacement for the
    > existing 16MB card although whenever i insert the card into the camera
    > i get a "CARD ERROR" message on screen???
    >
    > I have attempted to format the new card but no luck. It is a fujifilm
    > card so i dont see why it should not work.
    >
    > any ideas?? :cry:

    Did you attempt to format it in the camera or in your PC?
    It's possible that it is formatted FAT32, which the Fuji probably does
    not support, or it's formatted FAT16 with a cluster size (32KB) too
    large for the Fuji to handle.

    Steve's Digicams site states that it only handles up to 512 MB. That
    would be 8KB clusters.

    --Gene

    Gene S. Berkowitz, Apr 22, 2008

  3. Burnsy

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 02:22:13 GMT, Burnsy wrote:

    > I recently purchased a new 2GB xD picture card for my Girlfriends fuji
    > Finepix A350 camera. It seems like a direct replacement for the
    > existing 16MB card although whenever i insert the card into the camera
    > i get a "CARD ERROR" message on screen???
    >
    > I have attempted to format the new card but no luck. It is a fujifilm
    > card so i dont see why it should not work.

    Cameras designed several years ago (such as your A350) stand a
    poorer of being compatible with newer, larger cards than more recent
    models. Fuji's website has a Compatibility Table at

    http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/card/index.html#compati

    It shows that the A350 is only compatible with xD cards up to 1GB
    in size, and it won't work with any of the 2GB cards, whether
    they're Type M or Type H.

    ASAAR, Apr 22, 2008