    hasan-dot-diwan-at-gmail-dot-com. Thanks in advance.
    --
    Hasan Diwan

    Hasan Diwan, Dec 26, 2004

  2. Hasan Diwan

    Harvey Guest

    "Hasan Diwan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I took a few pictures a few months ago. I'm looking at the EXIF tags of
    > it at the moment. The camera is a Fuji Finepix F440. It does a fairly
    > good job at what it is meant to do.
    > Now the question... Apparently the tag Focus warning yields "out of
    > focus". I'm wondering what this means and how to keep it from
    > happening. An example of an image exhibiting this characteristic is
    > available at http://hasan.wits2020.net/~hdiwan/DSCF0002.jpg and the
    > corresponding EXIF output is at
    > http://hasan.wits2020.net/~hdiwan/DSCF0002.exif.txt. The archives
    > yielded nothing. Any advice regarding this would be appreciated. If you
    > could cc me on the posts, it would be appreciated at
    > hasan-dot-diwan-at-gmail-dot-com. Thanks in advance.
    > --
    > Hasan Diwan

    I'd be amazed if any auto focus would work in the lighting conditions of
    that sample image.

    Harvey, Dec 26, 2004

  3. Hasan Diwan

    Gaderian Guest

    Hasan Diwan wrote:
    > I took a few pictures a few months ago. I'm looking at the EXIF tags
    > of it at the moment. The camera is a Fuji Finepix F440. It does a
    > fairly good job at what it is meant to do.
    > Now the question... Apparently the tag Focus warning yields "out of
    > focus". I'm wondering what this means and how to keep it from
    > happening. An example of an image exhibiting this characteristic is
    > available at http://hasan.wits2020.net/~hdiwan/DSCF0002.jpg and the
    > corresponding EXIF output is at
    > http://hasan.wits2020.net/~hdiwan/DSCF0002.exif.txt. The archives
    > yielded nothing. Any advice regarding this would be appreciated. If
    > you could cc me on the posts, it would be appreciated at
    > hasan-dot-diwan-at-gmail-dot-com. Thanks in advance.

    Try taking a picture of a clear object (building, flower, automobile or a
    test pattern), then read the EXIF information. The image example you have
    is very difficult for an AF setting at the best of times.

    I'm not familiar with your particular camera but images that are difficult
    to focus on (fog, clear sky, very dark landscapes) confuse the autofocus
    features and sometimes are better off with a manual focus. If your's does
    not have a manual focus mode, you need to find a reference point for the
    camera to focus on for these types of images.

    Gaderian, Dec 26, 2004
  4. Hasan Diwan

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Gaderian wrote:

    > Hasan Diwan wrote:
    >
    >>I took a few pictures a few months ago. I'm looking at the EXIF tags
    >>of it at the moment. The camera is a Fuji Finepix F440. It does a
    >>fairly good job at what it is meant to do.
    >>Now the question... Apparently the tag Focus warning yields "out of
    >>focus". I'm wondering what this means and how to keep it from
    >>happening. An example of an image exhibiting this characteristic is
    >>available at http://hasan.wits2020.net/~hdiwan/DSCF0002.jpg and the
    >>corresponding EXIF output is at
    >>http://hasan.wits2020.net/~hdiwan/DSCF0002.exif.txt. The archives
    >>yielded nothing. Any advice regarding this would be appreciated. If
    >>you could cc me on the posts, it would be appreciated at
    >>hasan-dot-diwan-at-gmail-dot-com. Thanks in advance.

    > Try taking a picture of a clear object (building, flower, automobile or a
    > test pattern), then read the EXIF information. The image example you have
    > is very difficult for an AF setting at the best of times.
    >
    > I'm not familiar with your particular camera but images that are difficult
    > to focus on (fog, clear sky, very dark landscapes) confuse the autofocus
    > features and sometimes are better off with a manual focus. If your's does
    > not have a manual focus mode, you need to find a reference point for the
    > camera to focus on for these types of images.

    Hi...

    Just a suggestion... I don't know the Fuji cameras, but
    with some of them I think they prefer vertical objects to
    focus on (as opposed to horizontal)

    Try another - costs nothing to experiment - rotating the
    camera 90 degrees for the half press - then back to the
    way you like it for the actual picture...

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Dec 26, 2004