Fuji 9500 raw

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob Hewitt, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. Bob Hewitt

    Bob Hewitt Guest

    Hi, All,

    Sorry if I'm going over old ground, but I have a problem with my S9500.

    I use photoshop cs for all my general fiddling around work, which was fine
    while I was using my old S7000, but with the new S9500, no raw conversion,
    and according to Adobe, not for a while yet!

    I've tried all sorts of Mickey Mouse stuff that was supposed to do the job,
    but nothing does. The only thing that came close was the supplied raw
    converter LE on the fuji CD. This appears to automatically create a .TIFF
    file of 1200 x 1600 from my original raw file. Not a lot of use if the end
    result is required to be 70mb! (The original .raf file is 18.2mb, the
    resultant .TIFF file is only 5.5mb, far too much lost in the conversion)

    Does anybody know of any software that works...

    Thanks in advance for any assistance

    Bob Hewitt
    Bob Hewitt, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Bob Hewitt

    autodelete Guest

    "Bob Hewitt" <> wrote:

    > Hi, All,
    >
    > Sorry if I'm going over old ground, but I have a problem with my S9500.
    >
    > I use photoshop cs for all my general fiddling around work, which was fine
    > while I was using my old S7000, but with the new S9500, no raw conversion,
    > and according to Adobe, not for a while yet!
    >
    > I've tried all sorts of Mickey Mouse stuff that was supposed to do the
    > job, but nothing does. The only thing that came close was the supplied raw
    > converter LE on the fuji CD. This appears to automatically create a .TIFF
    > file of 1200 x 1600 from my original raw file. Not a lot of use if the end
    > result is required to be 70mb! (The original .raf file is 18.2mb, the
    > resultant .TIFF file is only 5.5mb, far too much lost in the conversion)
    >
    > Does anybody know of any software that works...
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance
    >
    > Bob Hewitt

    I'm seriously pissed off with this aspect of my new S9500. The very basic
    Raw Converter LE I had been using with the S5500 wouldn't even recognise
    what Fuji now call CCD_RAW files, (still .RAF) from the S9500.

    Now I have to use Finepix viewer to convert via RAW Converter LE. There are
    no options. It's all automatic, and I end up with a TIFF file 4864 x 3648,
    50.8Mb size.

    If I had known I was going to lose the ability to make adjustments before
    converting, I wouldn't have bought the S9500. I didn't see Fuji's error of
    judgement mentioned in any reviews.

    --
    T Ritchie (Sr)
    Save a rainforest: Eat Brazil nuts