    of times, installed fresh batteries, it's stuck.

    Has this happened to anyone else, cheap or expensive fix. Digital cams are
    getting so cheap, probably better off buying a new one??
    NBnet, Jul 4, 2005

  2. NBnet

    Stewy Guest

    In article <OH%xe.56407$>,
    "NBnet" <> wrote:

    > The lens just suddenly stopped retracting. Powered it off and on a number
    > of times, installed fresh batteries, it's stuck.
    >
    > Has this happened to anyone else, cheap or expensive fix. Digital cams are
    > getting so cheap, probably better off buying a new one??

    Is it still in guarantee?

    Why not contact Fuji and see what they say?

    They may not be a money-hungry monster after all. At least you'll have a
    range of options.
    Stewy, Jul 5, 2005

  3. NBnet

    Deedee Tee Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:38:01 +0900, Stewy <>
    wrote:

    >In article <OH%xe.56407$>,
    > "NBnet" <> wrote:
    >
    >> The lens just suddenly stopped retracting. Powered it off and on a number
    >> of times, installed fresh batteries, it's stuck.

    Are you sure your camera does not have a hardware reset button? Even
    changing the batteries may not be enough to reset the internal CPU,
    because likely some of the circuitry remains powered up by an internal
    battery that runs certain functions like the clock/calendar. Check the
    manual of your camera.
    Deedee Tee, Jul 5, 2005
  4. NBnet

    Mike Berger Guest

    Fuji was very good with free out-of-warranty repair on my MX-1200.
    What did they say when you called them?

    Mike Berger, Jul 6, 2005
  5. NBnet

    NBnet Guest

    Fuji say, too bad, so sad, you had to have dropped it for this to have
    happened, this is a rare failure, please send to us for repairs, estimated
    at 200.00 CDN plus shipping plus taxes

    NBnet, Jul 6, 2005
  6. NBnet

    mike Guest

    NBnet wrote:
    > Fuji say, too bad, so sad, you had to have dropped it for this to have
    > happened, this is a rare failure, please send to us for repairs, estimated
    > at 200.00 CDN plus shipping plus taxes
    >

    > "Mike Berger" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Fuji was very good with free out-of-warranty repair on my MX-1200.
    >>What did they say when you called them?
    >>
    >>NBnet wrote:
    >>
    >>>The lens just suddenly stopped retracting. Powered it off and on a
    >>>number of times, installed fresh batteries, it's stuck.
    >>>
    >>>Has this happened to anyone else, cheap or expensive fix. Digital cams
    >>>are getting so cheap, probably better off buying a new one??

    I have a 1400Z with a similar problem. Bought it used, so don't know
    the history. Pliers marks on the lens assembly indicate that somebody
    tried to "fix" it.
    Anyhoo, there are three layers of concentric cylinders with slots and
    channels. The lenses go thru a complex motion during zoom that's
    controlled by all the slots and channels as the motor rotates it. There
    are pins that stick
    in the plastic and ride in the channels. It looks like one of the pins
    got bent/dislodged so all the cam action got jammed up. It wouldn't
    take much of a hit to the lens to break off one of the tabs. It's
    pretty thin plastic in there.
    The gear ratio is so high that I found it impossible to manually rotate
    the accessible gear to see if the lens would go in/out.
    I found it impossible to get the assembly apart without breaking it, but
    that may be because of the
    previous attempted repair. I never was able to get it working.

    I'd try holding it up to your ear to see if you can hear the motor click
    when it tries to run at turn on.

    I think you're probably hozed.

    mike

    ..
    Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
    MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
    mike, Jul 6, 2005