    way to separate the two. Or just disable the majority of
    RIS leaving just TFTP running?

    Regards.

    anon, May 7, 2004

  2. anon

    Consultant Guest

    what's wrong with a 3rd party client?

    Consultant, May 7, 2004

  3. >I want to run an TFTP server on my Win2K server. Rather
    >than using a 3rd party piece of software I would like to
    >use a Microsoft version.

    Why TFTP?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 7, 2004
  4. anon

    anon Guest

    I want to send logs from a pix firewall to a folder on a
    2k server and don't want to spend cash on cisco works
    product.

    anon, May 7, 2004
  5. anon

    Guest Guest

    Just want to keep it simple.
    Don't want to spend time investigating other vendors.
    Also means another product to support etc.

    Guest, May 7, 2004
  6. anon

    Consultant Guest

    true, but you are spending more time trying to figure out how to spilt up
    functionality of an existing service. tftp is quite simple to maintain and
    setup.

    Consultant, May 7, 2004
  7. anon

    Consultant Guest

    http://www.solarwinds.net/Tools/Free_tools/TFTP_Server/

    Consultant, May 7, 2004
  8. > tftp is quite simple to maintain and
    >setup.

    .... and insecure, hence why you recommended solarwinds?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 7, 2004
  9. >I want to send logs from a pix firewall to a folder on a
    >2k server and don't want to spend cash on cisco works
    >product.

    Haven't the pix ftp vulnerabilities been fixed?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 7, 2004
  10. anon

    Neil Guest

    "anon" <> wrote in news:9e0801c4343f
    $f90c8db0$:

    > MCNGP, can you help? (i know this isn't where i should
    > post this kind of question, however i want someone who is
    > actually technical to read this).
    >
    > I want to run an TFTP server on my Win2K server. Rather
    > than using a 3rd party piece of software I would like to
    > use a Microsoft version.
    >
    > I know that the TFTP server is installed when RIS is
    > installed, however I don't want to use RIS. Is there any
    > way to separate the two. Or just disable the majority of
    > RIS leaving just TFTP running?
    >
    > Regards.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;142373

    Although RIS uses TFTP there is not a "real" TFTP server available. The
    version offered by Consultant is likely your best bet...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 7, 2004
  11. anon

    Guest Guest

    They have been, and will continue to be fixed!!!!!

    Guest, May 7, 2004