    computer. I would like to transfer some files from my friends computer to
    mine. As of right now I can log on but I cannot transfer files, and SERV-U
    help says that sometimes the ISP doesn't allow FTP servers on there network.
    Spider, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Spider

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:16:32 -0500, "Spider" <>
    wrote:

    >With MTS Highspeed are you allowd to have an FTP server setup on your home
    >computer. I would like to transfer some files from my friends computer to
    >mine. As of right now I can log on but I cannot transfer files, and SERV-U
    >help says that sometimes the ISP doesn't allow FTP servers on there network.

    If you have a firewall running, you need to open ports 20 and 21.
    Unk, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Spider

    Spider Guest

    I have, and I can connect fine. It's when I try to view or download or
    upload from that directory. It gives me an error saying that server has
    reset.

    Spider, Jul 27, 2004
  4. Spider

    Hamman Guest

    "Spider" <> wrote in message
    > With MTS Highspeed are you allowd to have an FTP server setup on your home
    > computer. I would like to transfer some files from my friends computer to
    > mine. As of right now I can log on but I cannot transfer files, and

    SERV-U
    > help says that sometimes the ISP doesn't allow FTP servers on there

    network.

    Try setting up an alternate file transfer method.

    Try :

    HTTP - setup a webserver on thier connection
    IM - Send them over instant messaging programs such as
    http://messenger.msn.com - fine for thing upto 150Mb

    hamman
    Hamman, Jul 27, 2004